Coral M.2 Dual Edge TPU & HAOS

I got it working on a 13th gen NUC by doing exactly what you describe - remove the WiFi module, put in the Coral m.2.

There were two challenges/surprises however:

• I bought the dual TPU module, but only one device (only /dev/apex_0 only) shows up, because at least some motherboards only connect one PCIe lane.
  • To make the TPU module work, in BIOS I had to “enable WLAN” - with it disabled, the m.2 slot was disabled and the device disappeared entirely. Enabling WLAN in BIOS, even though I don’t actually have WLAN hardware anymore, made the Coral PCIe device appear.

did you do anything else? I am having similar issues

sorry for the late reply. I think i had to turn off the protection mode for the Frigate Add On to allow the app to talk back to the hardware

my M900 Lenovo didnt have the wifi card in it, but that is all i did, plus what I mentioned below for the Frigate Add on

This thread was helpful in migrating from my separate Frigate Ubuntu server to built in Frigate (Full Access) running inside HAOS on my Intel NUC7 running HAOS v12.3.

I tested this with both the “M.2 Accelerator B+M key” and the “M.2 Accelerator with Dual Edge TPU” (using a “Dual Edge TPU Adapter - m.2 2280 B+M key” from Makerfabs). Both were installed using the M.2 slot of the NUC7 (the TPU will take the only available NVMe M.2 slot, so I went with 2.5" SSD for storage).

Here is the detectors section of frigate.yml that worked for me with the “M.2 Accelerator B+M key” in case it is helpful to others in the future:

detectors:
  coral:
    type: edgetpu
    device: pci

Here is the detectors section of frigate.yml that worked for me with the “M.2 Accelerator with Dual Edge TPU”:

detectors:
  coral1:
    device: pci:0
  coral2:
    device: pci:1