Core DNS Plugin issue

Hello Everyone I have a problem with CoreDNS plugin, it is looping in fail with this log :

22-01-08 13:58:00 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.misc.tasks] Watchdog found a problem with CoreDNS plugin!
22-01-08 13:58:01 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.plugins.dns] Starting CoreDNS plugin
22-01-08 13:58:01 INFO (SyncWorker_7) [supervisor.docker.interface] Cleaning hassio_dns application
22-01-08 13:58:03 INFO (SyncWorker_7) [supervisor.docker.dns] Starting DNS with version 2021.06.0 - 

It happens in the night, and now mqtt zwave and hacs integration no longer works

And if I try to restore a backup from one week ago I have this message :

 22-01-08 14:03:54 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.manager] Full-Restore 451e7efe start
22-01-08 14:04:18 INFO (MainThread) [] 'BackupManager.do_restore_full' blocked from execution, system is not running - CoreState.FREEZE
22-01-08 14:04:25 INFO (MainThread) [] 'BackupManager.do_restore_full' blocked from execution, system is not running - CoreState.FREEZE

I’ve also try

ha dns update --version 3

I found on the forum but it goes on an error

Error: CoreDNS update failed 

Have you tried updating to a later version? If 2021.12.8 is too buggy in your opinion, try 2021.11.5`

I didn’t notice that but this is weird. I have a more recent version than the one writed in the log.

  1. Try updating to the latest 2021.12.8

  2. Try uininstalling, restarting, reinstalling the plugin

I’ve already try 2021.12.8 and it has the same issue. The screenshot was made while trying to restore a snapshot from a week ago with no more result.

I do not how to uninstall or reinstall a plugin.

Any help would be appreciated. My HA instance is broken for several days … and I don’t know what to do/try…

Did you find a solution?
I ended up with the same issue after updating to 2021.12.10 today.
reinstalling backups changed noting.
MQTT, Z-Wave JS and my internet sensor which ping to no longer work…

Also I notice the following in the DNS log (in addition to what you show above

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] executing... 
[cont-init.d] exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
runtime: nameOff 0xfffffffff397a8c6 out of range 0x6b0000 - 0x8ee7f3
fatal error: runtime: name offset out of range
goroutine 1 [running, locked to thread]:
runtime.throw(0x8021b3, 0x21)
	/usr/local/go/src/runtime/panic.go:1116 +0x5c fp=0x143a650 sp=0x143a63c pc=0x459ec
runtime.resolveNameOff(0x70f900, 0xf397a8c6, 0xb6f25668)
	/usr/local/go/src/runtime/type.go:195 +0x298 fp=0x143a680 sp=0x143a650 pc=0x6e6bc
runtime.(*_type).string(0x70f900, 0x0, 0x0)
	/usr/local/go/src/runtime/type.go:51 +0x24 fp=0x143a690 sp=0x143a680 pc=0x6e14c
runtime.SetFinalizer(0x7376d8, 0x1462040, 0x70f900, 0x824580)
	/usr/local/go/src/runtime/mfinal.go:375 +0x554 fp=0x143a700 sp=0x143a690 pc=0x27d94
os.newFile(0x0, 0x7ec78d, 0xa, 0x0, 0x0)
	/usr/local/go/src/os/file_unix.go:170 +0x108 fp=0x143a728 sp=0x143a700 pc=0xc04d0
os.NewFile(0x0, 0x7ec78d, 0xa, 0x0)
	/usr/local/go/src/os/file_unix.go:92 +0x50 fp=0x143a740 sp=0x143a728 pc=0xc03a0
	/usr/local/go/src/os/file.go:63 +0x1f4 fp=0x143a754 sp=0x143a740 pc=0xc3684
	/usr/local/go/src/runtime/proc.go:5652 +0x88 fp=0x143a768 sp=0x143a754 pc=0x558d8
	/usr/local/go/src/runtime/proc.go:5647 +0x4c fp=0x143a77c sp=0x143a768 pc=0x5589c
	/usr/local/go/src/runtime/proc.go:5647 +0x4c fp=0x143a790 sp=0x143a77c pc=0x5589c
	/usr/local/go/src/runtime/proc.go:5647 +0x4c fp=0x143a7a4 sp=0x143a790 pc=0x5589c
	/usr/local/go/src/runtime/proc.go:5647 +0x4c fp=0x143a7b8 sp=0x143a7a4 pc=0x5589c
	/usr/local/go/src/runtime/proc.go:191 +0x1bc fp=0x143a7e4 sp=0x143a7b8 pc=0x483bc
	/usr/local/go/src/runtime/asm_arm.s:857 +0x4 fp=0x143a7e4 sp=0x143a7e4 pc=0x7b22c
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

I ended up reinstalling everything and it worked:
1 - Make a full backup of current (broken) install via the HA interface
2 - Make a new SD Card (I’ve got a PI4)
3 - Boot and setup
4 - Upload and restore the backup
Now everything is as it used to be!

The same here. Had to reinstall from scratch. Move from SD card to a SSD.