Corrupt config file

I made the cardinal sin of not checking my config file before doing a reboot and now my Home Assistant won’t start.

I’ve corrected the mistake that was in automations.yaml.

I’ve got access to the web interface over https (just says “Connecting” and then times out), I’ve got access to the configuration files (using the Hassio web based plug in), but I’ve not got access to the command line (I’m away for Christmas).

Is there anything I can do to force my home assistant to restart? Perhaps a feature request to try and restart automatically after 10 minutes if the configuration files are in error should be in order?

Config does not corrupt.

If HA is not starting it is because something in config file or separate yaml files (if you use them) is incorrect?

I don’t think there’s anything you can do I’m afraid. You’ll have to wait until you can get file access to your config files.

Yes I know. There was an error in one of my yaml files, but I’ve fixed it.

I’ve got access to the files and I’ve fixed the error. I just need to trigger HA to check the files again, or get it to reboot.

If you can’t get access to the terminal to force a restart of the service, or perform a reboot, then you’ll need to find a way of power cycling the device.

I don’t use hass.io but found this