Corrupted lovelace tab

I think i have a corrupted lovelace tab. I have a custom lovelace dashboard with 6 views/tabs they all work except 1 , once i view this tab everything freezes and i have to close the browser or the app. Has anybody got any ideas to solve this. Can i delete the lovelace tab without veiwing the ui. Or is there a card with a fault or card with a faulty sensor.

Click on “Edit UI”. Click on the overflow menu (the three dots) and choose “Raw configuration editor”. You can remove personal info, and make a new line, put ```yaml on it, make another new line, paste in your config, make another new line, and put ``` on it. Then post it.

1 Like

Thanks KTIbow that allowed me to edit it. i was curious to see what had caused the problem so i just removed 1 card at a time . A card showing pi cpu temperature histoy graph was the problem. Sorry i forgot to paste the .yaml here to try and find the cause before i deleted it. However now i cant re add that card i can add a history graph for other sensors but when i change it to the desired pi cpu temp. It freezes again before i can even click save .

This time i have the .yaml its the last sensor here and its now as if it sees itself as a switch or status with a barchart style graph rather then a temperature line graph. the line that has “- type: history-graph” looks wrong to me even though it was created in the UI.

- badges: []
    cards:
      - entity: sensor.cpu_temp
        max: 100
        min: 0
        severity:
          green: 1
          red: 70
          yellow: 67
        type: gauge
      - entity: sensor.disk_use_percent_home
        max: 100
        severity:
          green: 1
          red: 70
          yellow: 50
      - entity: sensor.memory_free
        max: 4000
        severity:
          green: 3000
          red: 1
          yellow: 2500
      - entities:
          - entity: sensor.memory_free
        hours_to_show: 24
        refresh_interval: 0
        type: history-graph
      - type: history-graph
        entities:
    icon: 'mdi:raspberry-pi'
    path: pi
    title: Pi

manually editing the .yaml to this below has not helped.

- entities:
        type: history-graph
    icon: 'mdi:raspberry-pi'
    path: pi
    title: Pi

First of all, use the official Home Assistant app. Also, Google Chrome Lite may be messing up your page rendering.

My personal experience is that Home Assistant takes up a lot of CPU/Memory when you open it on a device, so consider closing other apps and/or getting a legitimate phone optimizer.

If you think it’s bad enough, just remove that part of the YAML and recreate it. And that looks like instead of creating a graph, it created a history graph. Here’s a screenshot of what it was supposed to show:

picture

I have tried recreating it a number of times in UI and yaml but it still does not show as a graph, i have tried with Chrome (non lite) on PC, And i am using official HA app. still not right could there be something wrong with the sensor?

Can you open your HA devtools, go to states, search for the entity, and take a screenshot of it?

I cant see anything odd there?

Can you scroll up a bit more (show the name of the entity)?

Sorry here it is

Hmm… I don’t see anything, except that the unit_of_measurement isn’t set. Open config, go to customizations, and set unit_of_measurement to the appropriate thing (°F, °C, %)

Have you tried setting it to show only 1 hour. In the graph I see a lot of changes in temp. Maybe it’s just too heavy to compute.

1 Like

Also make sure there’s not too many entities, I had one view that used auto-entities and it takes 20 seconds to render.

I tried 1 hour but is still showed as a bar instead of a graph, and still caused the dashboard to freeze.
could the sensor be at fault? So i remade the sensor as it has definatly changed on the HA guide. All is now working. thanks again for your interest. and i will add this below if it helps anybody else.
my sensor WAS (which did work for 3 months)

sensor:
- platform: command_line
   name: CPU Temp
   command: "cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp"
   value_template: '{{ "%.2f"|format(value|multiply(0.001)) }}'

and is NOW this, which now works.

sensor:
  - platform: command_line
    name: CPU Temperature
    command: "cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp"
    # If errors occur, make sure configuration file is encoded as UTF-8
    unit_of_measurement: "°C"