Couch control with Home-Assistant

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f7392408280> #<Tag:0x00007f7392408190> #<Tag:0x00007f73924080a0>

Hello,

I would like to introduce you to another project of mine. For this I have integrated the control of the motor of my couch to Home-Assistant.

If you are interested, maybe I can create a tutorial how to do that. But I noticed that the individual motors are controlled differently. A generic solution would be hard to find and need help from the community.

But here is a video of what I did…

Hope you like it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Nice. What did you use as position sensors?

For now: time :slight_smile:

I measured the time it takes to go up and down and used that as positions.

Nice work. I have the same think with a triple recliner. Started out with a Pi controlling it via Ruby and it now uses a Particle Photon.

I also use time to position the seats. It’s worked fine for about 6 years now.

Really nice! I am now officially jealous.

Hee hee, love it! Unbelievable what intelligent people come up with to support their lazyness. :wink: Enjoy!

Next project: A floating chair. :rofl:

2 Likes

Hey @napsio this is great a tutorial would be really helpful please. Thanks

Thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:

@JumpMaster
I had already done this for an electric slatted frame and now I have adapted the circuit. I solved this with an ESP8266, a few relays and some other parts.

@atomicpapa

@Moonbase59
So true :slight_smile: and thanks for the inspiration for my next project :stuck_out_tongue:

@bachoo786
I had already thought about it and also started to write a tutorial, but during my research about the different motors that are used, I noticed that there are many different ways to control them. I haven’t found a generic solution yet.