Could not load the Supervisor panel! (after trying to update from 2021.8.8 to 2021.9.2)

I’m needing some help from more experienced users.
I tryed to update a hassio running under docker 2021.8.8 to 2021.9.2. The update didn’t go well and as a result I have:

• supervisor panel can’t be loaded
  • Under information I see that it is still running 2021.8.8
  • Supervisor container in docker informs that “io.hass.version” is 2021.9.0 (and is running)
  • Testing configuration files returns no errors
  • If I try to login to command line, then “Waiting for Supervisor to startup…”

The only errors in the log are related to custom integrations, which have always been there, so I don’t think this is the case. Anyway here they are:

2021-09-04 16:53:49 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration openmediavault which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2021-09-04 16:53:49 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration saver which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2021-09-04 16:53:49 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2021-09-04 16:53:49 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration smartir which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I had the same problem. Rolling back to 2021.8.8 worked.

I think the supervisor panel still came through if used the local IP addresses, versus the my SSL proxy. Not sure why. Anyways…

I then proceeded to finally dump my supervised installation on debian and moved to hassos install. Seems to be working much smoother (and uses a lot less space). With portainer, I can still run the other docker things I wanted but are not addons yet (mealie, etc).

Hassio is on 2021.8.8.
How can I roll back supervisor from 2021.9.0 to 2021.8.8?
I have Goggle backup Addon, but I have no access to addons anyway…
Trying to avoid a fresh install and I am not fluent with docker containers.

you might need to wait for the real pros on this forum to help. To roll back supervisor, If you have command line/ssh access interface:
ha supervisor update --version=2021.8.8

Problem is it will update itself in a short time.

If you have the samba addon, your backups are in \IPAddress\backup\

So you should just be able to get them there.

Problem is that trying to command line: “Waiting for Supervisor to startup…”
I do have the samba addon, but my backups are down using Google Drive Backup Addon. It is a very good tool, but I opted to do it encrypted, since it is done in the cloud also. And it can only be decrypted by a working addon, then supervisor is needed again… Well I probably could start all over install addon and use last backup. Maybe there is something easier that can be done before this…

Do you remember your password for the encryption? I think it can be decrypted by homeassistant itself the google addon just uploads it.

You can go to your google drive, Hassio.io Snapshots Folder, and download the snapshot. As long as you know the password, home assistant will read it in when do do a new install.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, in Configuration > Info does it indicate this:

Installation Type	Home Assistant OS

or this?

Installation Type	Home Assistant Supervised

Yes, I have the password. The problem is that I have no acess to any addon. Yes, for a new install should work. I am still just trying to avoid it in the hope there is something easier.

I have had all manner of supervisor issues when it auto updates. All solved by reinstalling HA by running the install script again. You won’t lose any data or need to do anything else and it will be fixed.

There is no “Installation Type”:

That’s is very good to know. Justo to be sure that we are talking about the same scenarios, I am running Proxmox > Ubuntu 18.04 > Docker > Hassio.

You are running Proxmox > Ubuntu 18.04 > Docker > Hassio Home Assistant
:wink:

Interesting. It’s missing the entire System Health section (Integridade Do Sistema).

Do you recall which installation method you used? If it’s Home Assistant Supervised, you need to install os-agent manually.

I just saw you posted this:

You appear to be running Home Assistant Supervised.

You should probably dispense with using the term “hassio” because it was deprecated over a year ago and no longer identifies what you actually have installed on your system.

In addition, Home Assistant Supervised is officially supported on just one Linux distro and that’s Debian (originally Debian 10 but now also Debian 11).

In docker, supervisor (hassio) somehow is running.
I thought that I was running hassio, but then I was probably wrong…

“supervisor” is not “hassio” and all that shows is that the docker container is running and tells you nothing about what is or isn’t actually running inside the container.

Like I said, if you are using the Home Assistant Supervised version (and it appears that you are) and you have not yet installed os-agent, then that’s where you should focus your attention.

I know that “supervisor” is not “hassio”, I just wanted to show that there is a “supervisor” involved, since you asked me if it was supervised. Sorry if it is not totally clear to me yet.
Anyway, from my appointments, I should have installed using this tutorial:

Mentioned as “hassio-build” :man_shrugging:

No, i didn’t ask you if it was supervised. I asked which one of the following you have installed:

1. Home Assistant OS
  2. Home Assistant Supervised

Both include the Supervisor (hassio_supervisor container). However, the first one comes with its own operating system and os-agent is pre-installed. The second one requires that you provide the operating system (Debian) and you are responsible for installing os-agent.

You should definitely not use installation instructions written nearly three years ago.

Use the instructions in the documentation.

yes I am running HA Supervised on Debian 11. The docker goes without saying. Just run the install script again and it will fix the supervisor. When it happens to me the supervisor container isn’t running. You are also running unsupported if the O/S is Ubuntu.

Have they updated the install script to include os-agent? That would be handy.

Thanks for explaining.
The instructions were not that old when I used it. I am carrying this installationg more than 2 years, just updating… And usually, with no problems (but saying once in a while that my installation is not healthy).