Could not load the Supervisor panel! (after trying to update from 2021.8.8 to 2021.9.2)

That’s is very good to know. Justo to be sure that we are talking about the same scenarios, I am running Proxmox > Ubuntu 18.04 > Docker > Hassio.

You are running Proxmox > Ubuntu 18.04 > Docker > Hassio Home Assistant
:wink:

Interesting. It’s missing the entire System Health section (Integridade Do Sistema).

Do you recall which installation method you used? If it’s Home Assistant Supervised, you need to install os-agent manually.

I just saw you posted this:

You appear to be running Home Assistant Supervised.

You should probably dispense with using the term “hassio” because it was deprecated over a year ago and no longer identifies what you actually have installed on your system.

In addition, Home Assistant Supervised is officially supported on just one Linux distro and that’s Debian (originally Debian 10 but now also Debian 11).

In docker, supervisor (hassio) somehow is running.
I thought that I was running hassio, but then I was probably wrong…

“supervisor” is not “hassio” and all that shows is that the docker container is running and tells you nothing about what is or isn’t actually running inside the container.

Like I said, if you are using the Home Assistant Supervised version (and it appears that you are) and you have not yet installed os-agent, then that’s where you should focus your attention.

I know that “supervisor” is not “hassio”, I just wanted to show that there is a “supervisor” involved, since you asked me if it was supervised. Sorry if it is not totally clear to me yet.
Anyway, from my appointments, I should have installed using this tutorial:

Mentioned as “hassio-build” :man_shrugging:

No, i didn’t ask you if it was supervised. I asked which one of the following you have installed:

1. Home Assistant OS
  2. Home Assistant Supervised

Both include the Supervisor (hassio_supervisor container). However, the first one comes with its own operating system and os-agent is pre-installed. The second one requires that you provide the operating system (Debian) and you are responsible for installing os-agent.

You should definitely not use installation instructions written nearly three years ago.

Use the instructions in the documentation.

yes I am running HA Supervised on Debian 11. The docker goes without saying. Just run the install script again and it will fix the supervisor. When it happens to me the supervisor container isn’t running. You are also running unsupported if the O/S is Ubuntu.

Have they updated the install script to include os-agent? That would be handy.

Thanks for explaining.
The instructions were not that old when I used it. I am carrying this installationg more than 2 years, just updating… And usually, with no problems (but saying once in a while that my installation is not healthy).

I don’t know. I manually installed agent using the instructions. I suspect not as the installer just lists agent as a requirement.

1 Like

Did you read the blog post (link posted above) that warned everyone that the next version of Supervisor (it’s already released now) requires os-agent and you must install it?

At that time, I opted by Ubuntu since it looked like the “best” option… That’s why you run Debian, right? Results in a supported OS…

No! My gosh! I always read the release information. I know it is important, but I might taken more care at the breaking changes… That explains what happened… :persevere:

Well 3 years ago Debian looked like the best option to me and I was warned by a couple of the devs to steer away from Ubuntu that I was going to install…

Now it makes me think, since it already happened, if I should install Debian.

Install the 3 years old script?

No! Use the latest one!

My guess is that when the development team created os-agent they tested it exclusively on Debian and not Ubuntu (especially not an old version of Ubuntu). It might work on Ubuntu 18.04, or not.

So it might be risky…
Maybe I should install a Debian 11 and do it parallel, since my actual HA installation is still working.