Could not reach Home Assistant Cloud by Nabu Casa

HI all,
I’ve subscribed to Nabu Casa Cloud and am attempting to connect Google Home so I can control my lights by using Hey Google…

• I’ve connected Home Assistant Cloud and can navigate to my instance using the URL which ends in ui.nabu.casa
  • I have turned on Google Assistant in Voice Assistants and have exposed one device (a zigbee light switch). I can control this light switch from within Home Assistant
  • I then went into the Google Home app on my phone and selected Add → Works with Google then selected Home Assistant Cloud by Nabu Casa. It asked me for my Nabu Casa login credentials which I supplied - then I get a Home Assistant pop up asking me to authorise sharing - I accept. The app then displays a message along the lines of connecting to Nabu Casa - but eventually fails with 'Could not reach Home Assistant Cloud by Nabu Casa. Please try again.

I am able to navigate to my Home Assistant instance using the Nabu Casa link. I can’t see why Google is having trouble connecting to Nabu Casa. Any tips or tricks? I’ve opened a case with Nabu Casa but I get one response/instruction/question per day so it makes it slow going.

**EDIT - I can access the Nabu Casa URL from my work PC (from home) which uses a VPN. But I cannot access the Nabu Casa URL from my own PC (not VPN). I guess I’ll be calling the ISP.

1 Like

I asked almost exactly the same question yesterday. I didn’t get any answers from this group which disappointed me as I thought I described pretty clearly what the issues were. Installation of various add-ons and the Wyoming integration went perfectly, yet no joy.

Asking Google to do anything to the exposed entities simply takes me to a web page, they think I’m doing a search. The reason I purchased this subscription was to get Google integration, I don’t think they will let me cancel at this point so I’m stuck for a year but it doesn’t seem to work. I did not get a response to my ticket.

That’s disappointing. For me though, this was all working perfectly until I changed ISP.
It may be a coincidence - not sure - but also the Sensibo app doesn’t work on Wifi - but the minute I switch to 4G it’s instant. So we may be having different issues - not sure. My ISP uses CGNAT and everyone tells me that’s not an issue - but I’m going to pay $10 for a month for a fixed IP just to satisfy myself. Good luck - it’s great when it does work!

Hey @bryanaklnz I am experiencing similar issues, with the cloud but also with keeping a VPN connection up for over a minute. Not sure if you are in NZ also or not or maybe just a weird coincidence. My ISP 2Degrees claims I have been on CGNAT for a year, but everything has been running with no issues until a few days ago. They have escalated my case to the ‘internet managers’ whoever they are, but I am telling them that a static IP should solve the problem and that they need to waive the monthly fee as I believe they have changed something in the last week to cause the issues.

Hey @itchyNZL, I only joined 2degrees on 7th July - and it didn’t work from day one. So not sure what’s going on. Does your (internal?) IP address keep jumping around? I had a change every few minutes. I ended up getting the fixed IP and everything settled down. My guess is that if your IP keeps changing, the external services like Sensibo, Tuya and Nabu Casa can’t find you/the devices - until they do track you down then your IP changes again. I have no idea how you’re supposed to maintain a VPN or anything like that. Imagine trying to host a server…oh - like Home Assistant…

@itchyNZL Did you see the relevant post on Geekzone? Apparently 2degrees were having issues - apparently resolved as of today.
https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=81&topicid=306264&page_no=2#3105517

1 Like

Thanks for the link I’ll have a look. 2D put me on a static IP to get around the issue and all the problems went away.

I’m having this same issue: Cannot add Home Assistant by Nabu Casa to Google home. It’s like the 1 reason I pay for the subscription and I’ve tried everything outlined online already.

1 Like

For me it is also down few days. Whats the problem?

There is a support form on the NabuCasa website. If it is nothing obvious, that is identified during the troubleshooting outlined on the support page, than a specific support request via the web form seems to be a good idea. :slight_smile:

I can tell, that the three accounts I know (including mine) are all working fine so far. All located in Germany. :slight_smile:

Same here: HA via Nabucasa works perfectly fine, so does google home with nest. After adding “Home Assistant Cloud by Nabu Casa” in Google Home, i’m stuck with “Could not reach HA Cloud…” as well.

I’ll contact the Nabucasa support, let’s see…

And same as for previous posters: My only reason to have bought a google Nest was to voice control my HA instance

EDIT: a simple reboot of Google Nest did solve my issue

Hello,
I have the same problem and looking for a solutions since weeks !
I sent 2 messages to the Nabu Casa support. For the 1st I received an answer but it was not the solution. For the second, no answer.
I tried the reboot HA and of Google Home without success.
I also tried to connect manually HA and Google Home, but with the same result. I thank you to help me. Otherwise, I will have to abandon Google Home and my Nabu Casa account and find another solution. I didn’t receive a solution in the HACF forum.
I thank you in advance.
Pascal

had the same problem. After having deconnected GH in HA and reconnect, and same on GH side, it worked. Why ? i really don’t now, did nothing special …