Could not reach Home Assistant during linking with Google Assistant

Intro
The last few days, my Google Assistants frequently responded that they could not reach Home Assistant. Earlier, this happened only now and then. Since last week, it started happening multiple times a day. Repeating the command usually worked.
I thought I’d try Local Fulfillment, to see if that might help. Everything still worked, however commands somehow would not fulfill locally and the intermittent service didn’t get solved.

The issue
As of yesterday, Google Assistant could not reach my Home Assistant anymore at all. Therefore, I tried to unlink and setup the connection anew. However, I cannot reconnect to the Home Assistant anymore, nor can I on an other account where I shared the Google Action (in test) with.

When adding Home Assistant in Google Home, I can see [test] Home Assistant, I get to the Home Assistant login screen, where I enter my credentials. Then a Google loading animation appears and I get sent back to the list with all available ‘works with Google’ apps list and get a message in the bottom ‘Could not reach [test] Home Assistant. Please try again’. But trying again does not work :wink:

What I’ve tried
I’ve deleted the Home Assistant ‘app’ from my Android starting screen. I’ve even created a whole new project and started in Home Assistant anew (so configured to the new project). I’ve followed every topic here and filled in all required information in the Google Action (as of this thread: Can no longer link Google Assistant - #34 by danfmc).

I’ve looked in my Nginx Proxy Manager logs and cannot find anything going wrong, I see the Google project connecting to the API. Also, my DNS via Cloudflare still is working fine for the rest of my devices. I’ve tried to disable the proxying via Cloudflare (so only DNS) but that didn’t help either.When disabling the proxying I cannot reach any of my websites, probably because of certificates. I can reach the Google Assistant API of Home Assistant (with a 503 Method not supported). Everything seems to be in order, except that Google Home keeps repeating that it could not reach Home Assistant when linking.

So in all, tried to start almost from scratch and still it is not working. How can I further check what is going wrong? Any ideas on fixing this?

2 Likes

Issue is fixed by itself. Apparently some hickup at Google or something, just had to wait out and now it works again, thank God.

diagnosis update 2 : Solution
issue with ip and dns resolution
yes duck dns , no ip like other services can help you to get access over internet but if you using ipv6 only then your google home app show error "could not reach [test] all

solution you need ipv4 as well to resolve ipv4 if you don’t have ipv4 like me here is solution for that as well

buy domain or if you have domain configure with cloud flare it will resolve your ipv4 queries and transfer to you on you over tunnel

before you setup cloud flare make sure you turned of reverse proxy like nginx and duck dns or no ip or what ever you are using

setup Cloudflare in home assistant
then google home and Alexa will work without any error