☀️ Cover Control Automation (CCA) - a comprehensive and highly configurable roller blind blueprint

Hi there,

Thank you for creating this amazing blueprint! I have a couple of questions about customizing the ventilation mode:

1. Delay for Opening and Closing: I’d like to add a delay when opening and closing the cover. It seems the “Fixed Drive Delay” option isn’t currently being used by ventilation mode – is it possible to implement this feature?
  2. Ignoring Cover Down Schedule: Could the cover down schedule be ignored if the window remains open while the ventilation mode is active?

I’d appreciate any insights you can provide. Thanks again!

Is it possible that you changed the blueprint to use the get_forecasts service with s at the end? Isn’t that the new service that will start with HA 24.03? The actual service should be get_forecast without the s at the end. Or am I wrong?

It has almost always been like that.

But that would be strange, wouldn’t it? That was even deliberately programmed out and specifically queried so that there is no delay. The roller blind should open and close immediately. Or why exactly are you asking?

So you don’t mean the lock-out protection? But the roller blind should still be opened when the contact is opened? Then I would have to program this in as an individual option (checkbox).

You’re absolutely right! Lockout protection is perfect for this. Thanks for the tip – I totally overlooked that option

My use case is that I have a cover which I don’t close completely, so I can see our cat if she sits outside, and I don’t want the ventilation mode to kick in immediately when I let her in or out.

CCA has been running amok since today. Allegedly triggered by the brightness sensor, my blinds are constantly closing.
Yes, it’s dark enough but the earliest closing time is set to 22:00.
Does anyone else have this problem?

For Example:

Looks like everytime Brightness Value For Closing The Cover falls below the value, the shutter closes, ignoring the time. Till today this doesn’t happen. Means everytime the light goes out in a room, the shutter closes regardless of the time.

time_down_early_non_workday = 16:00

By the way: Better post your config as YAML-code. :grinning:

Thank you very much, didn’t see that. Made an blueprint update few days ago. Did this option change?

Many thanks for this awesome work @Herr.Vorragend - I just kept an instance from Iobroker (shuttercontrol) alive, because an equal shutter control solution was never available in Home Assistant until your blueprint.

I finally try the transition now. Just one question - I like to open/close the shutter via the sun-entity. Would there be a way to consider an offset for sunrise/sunset by X minutes ?

Many thanks & happy to see further finetunings as long as you enjoy working on this blueprint

1 Like

We don’t use the sunrise or sunset at all. The blueprint uses the elevation of the sun. This allows you to control it much more precisely. Simply change the value of the sun elevation and you have your offset. But there is also a waiting time for the sun elevation trigger.

1 Like

Yes, there was an update a few days ago.

I must think about this. Perhaps I can create a feature flag for this: Add checkboxes for different features · Issue #5 · hvorragend/ha-blueprints · GitHub

2 Likes

I should read the patch notes better in future. Shame on me.

1 Like

Thanks @Herr.Vorragend - I really need to adapt & lern about all features. Thanks for your response, sounds promising.

It seems, that the automation triggered my Shelly 2.5 actors, but the shutters were not moved effectively. Not tested in detail, but my assumption: When I selected a specific shutter it was working, now when combining several shutters in a helper/group, at least this morning, the automation triggered, but the shutter position was not changed. Manual change does work indeed. Maybe

Here the log entry of a random shutter. You see at around 07.30 in the morning the automation triggered. Just 10 minutes after it was executed by the family manually on the dashboard. Strange.

Another topic: Can anybody recommend a better weather integration than OpenWeather ? It seems, that OpenWeather doesnt provide the forecast feature for this automation: “Weather entity ‘weather.openweathermap’ does not support ‘daily’ forecast”

Many thanks!!

For which country? For Germany I switched to the DWD integration.

1 Like

I am using OpenWeather with daily forecasts without any problems. Please take a look on OpenWeatherMap - Home Assistant

You have to enable the free tier. Then you can call the data with onecall_daily.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

I have Open position to “0” and Open Tilt position to “50”, because the most time it is enough to just open the slat.
For “Force Immediate Opening” (i sue it for wind) i would like Open position to “100” and Open Tilt position to “50”.
Is this possible ?

Hello @Herr.Vorragend ,

Nice work !!!

If I manually (wall button) change the position of a cover, is there any way to adjust the delay before the automatic system takes over again?

Merci, lionel

Actually, this is already exactly the case. The force moves to the opening position together with the appropriate tilt.

No, the times and values in the blueprint are always used.