Hello everyone, I would like to introduce you to my roller shutter blueprint:
This is a comprehensive and highly configurable blueprint that can be used for the following basic purposes:
Opening and closing the roller shutters (depending on brightness, sun-elevation and within time windows)
Ventilation feature (Currently for two-way sensors)
Resident feature: keep the cover closed if resident is asleep
Complete flexibility in almost all parameters:
- Fixed drive delay and random drive delay
- Waiting time duration for triggers
- Position tolerance
Each feature can be activated or deactivated as required. Not only through a switch in the blueprint, but also through dynamic conditions outside the automation. Condition examples:
- If, for example, your blinds on the upper floor only close automatically and are not opened via the automation, you can also enable the blinds to be opened during this time by activating a vacation mode boolean.
- If you have visitors or a party, you may not want the blinds to close. This can be easily configured using a party mode boolean.
- If, for any reason, you want to pause the activation of shading or the ending of shading, this can be controlled via a shading boolean.
- If you want to suspend the entire roller blind control for a short time, perhaps because maintenance work or window cleaning is being carried out, this is possible with just one Boolean.
- Are the roller blinds on side doors normally only opened by the automation system and never closed because you don’t want to lock yourself out? But on vacation, the blinds should still be closed. This is how the conditions work.
Extensive automatic sun shading with many different setting options:
- Sun azimuth
- Sun elevation
- Solar irradiation/Light intensity/Illuminance
- Weather Conditions
- Two different temperature sensors (compare thresholds for indoor and/or outdoor sensors)
- Not only the current temperature, but also the temperature forecast can also be taken into account.
Added the option to save the current status in a helper. This has the advantage that the roller blind can also be in other positions and the automation can still be executed. And manual interventions are not constantly overridden with every trigger.
This was originally a fork of Eimeel’s blueprint automatic_blinds_shading.yaml.
Note: My blueprint is not compatible with Eimeel’s original. I have used his basis, but my variables are completely different from his design.
- If multiple criteria (e.g. temperature sensors and/or azimuth and/or elevation) are defined, shading will not occur until all criteria are met.
- It is not possible to execute this automation manually!
- In order to have extensive flexibility here, different sensors are used. But there is also the possibility to define a resident of the room,
so that e.g. the cover does not go up in the morning, although the resident is still sleeping.
- If you want to use sun elevation and/or azimuth it’s strongly advised to use sun.sun. And please make sure your sun.sun entity is enabled!
Important configuration notes
time_up_earlyshould be earlier
time_up_early_non_workdayshould be earlier than
time_down_earlyshould be earlier than
shading_azimuth_startshould be lower than
shading_elevation_minshould be lower than
shading_sun_brightness_startshould be higher than
open_positionshould be higher than
open_positionshould be higher than
closed_positionshould be lower than
shading_cover_positionshould be higher than
shading_cover_positionshould be lower than
residentis only allowed to be on/off/true/false
- cover must have a
I hope you have lots of fun with this version.
Changelog - (Full Changelog on Github)
- Updated hints
- Fixed one resident condition (thx to Eimeel)
- Added version number to json (thx to Eimeel)
- Added: Implemented configuration check to perform some basic checks (idea and code by Eimeel)
- Added: Cover Drive Time
- A few logic changes
- Added config check for sun attributes
- Fixed: Wrong trigger condition while closing
- Updated descriptions
- Fixed and extended config check
- Fixed closing condition. Wrong fix yesterday. Back to the origin. Will check this later.
- Minor Layout changes
- Removed commented out code
- Fixed closing-condition
- Fixed cover status helper initialisation and still make the first cover drive possible
- BREAKING CHANGE: Please reconfigure/rename the variables close_position and shading_position in your blueprint config.
Old: closed_position - New: close_position
Old: shading_cover_position - New: shading_position
- Added tilt positions for open, close and ventilation
- Strict separation of the two brightness sensors. The previous problem was that the shading sensor used the same values to open or close the blinds as the normal sensor. Depending on the sensor (different edge, slope, median, filter, etc.), incorrect triggers occur.
Important: If required, please register both brightness sensors.
- Opening the blinds only until time_down_early. Otherwise, overlaps may occur if the brightness values are not set correctly. Avoid bouncing the blinds.
- Added: Helper length validation
- Comprehensive JSON changes / Now multidimensional JSON
- Roller blind movements can now only be executed once a day when the helpers are used.
- Fixed weather.get_forecasts: The response from the service is a dict with the target entities as keys
- Streamline the code
- Added option to enable time control via external schedule helper
- Added more options for manual time control (drive up - late on non-workdays / drive down early and late on non-workdays)
- Possible breaking change: You should reconfigure the times in your CCA automations!
- Allow input_boolean as contact sensors.
- The state of the contact sensor can be true/on or false/off
- Fixed time control bug
- Fixed potential bug when opening via time control
- Fixed timestamp comparison bug
- Faster checking for manual position changes
- Fixed: Schedule open/close-bug
- Fixed: Next try - faster checking for manual position changes
- Separate ventilation from lockout protection
- Added own lockout protection feature
- Removed door/window chooser (contact_cover_place)
- Fixed: Problems with helper json
- Added: External trigger to force opening or closing. Useful for Antifreeze, RainProtection or WindProtection.
- Fixed: Still timing problems occur when recognising manual drives
- Added: Additional actions for open, close, ventilation, shading start and shading end