Cover Entities Stopped Supporting Set Position

I have Bali Z-wave roller shades throughout my house that were initially setup on Smartthings and I used the Smartthings integration to bring them into Home Assistant.

Some of the shades are part of a group shade that was created using the helper function and some of them are individual shades. I used these entities in dashboards and automations successfully for over a year. A couple of days ago I noticed that I could only open and close them. The slider was no longer available and the previously created automations that once set the shades to a certain position were no longer supported:

Here is an example of an entity that was on my dashboard where the slider was once available:

Is there any way to configure these entities so they can have the set position functionality that they had previously?

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, smartthings with Bali zwave blinds. Can only call open and close now, cannot set position at all gives this error

I’ve opened a github issue:

It would be good if you could post there as well to get the attention of the dev.

Not seeing any movement on Git, is there anyone able to fix this and start a pull request?

1 Like

This was finally fixed in HA 2023.7.3. It was caused by SmartThings changing the capability type they were using in a breaking way.

Yep. Glad it was fixed. It was a real bummer when my shades were unusable in Home Assistant.