CPU Temp gone?

Gone?

It’s only gone from YAML. UI setup is still possible for the System Monitor.

This is an on-going process. Many YAML integrations will be moved to the UI. A lot will remain as YAML. Specifics are detailed here: The future of YAML - Home Assistant

It does not clean it for you but it does tell you what needs removing.

1 Like

Now you got CPU temperature provided by System Monitor, so the CPU temp command_line sensor may be excluded/commented in your config.
In some cases CPU temp is not provided by System Monitor (depends on a hardware probably), then you have to use command_line (like you did).

1 Like

I guess my confusion came in that there are 2 Entities here:

and one of them is called Binary Sensor (like how I had it named in the .yaml file). That .yaml file is completely commented out in configuration.yaml now, so I was wonder why the name still existed. I was using that sensor to give me this guage:

Looking at the documentation - looks like I can use it now for knowing when my cell phone is not pinging (i.e. Not At Home). :grinning:

Now to figure out if I still need these Heating and AC tracking sensors.

I have “The WATCHMAN” installed - I was just wondering if there was a “Maid” which could be installed to clean out the ‘junk’. LOL

Yeup - know from back when I started with HA - the AMD CPU on this HP T620 ThinClient would not show - after some conversations with the developers, and sending lots of logs and stuff - they got it working with those lines in the .yaml for CPU_Temp.