Crashed HA

Hi All, I accidentally closed the browser after starting an update of the front end, HA will not start now. HA is installed on a Raspberry Pi 4 with a SHDD, I have a downloaded a full backup from Google Drive but I don’t know how to use it to restart HA.

Hi,
First of all, welcome to the community!

Can you access Home Assistant via the url:
http://homeassistant.local:8123

or via the IP address of your RPi4, e.g. 192.168.xxx.xxx:8123?

Otherwise, turn your RPi4 off/on and try again with the links that were working for you previously.

If that doesn’t work, let me know!

Hi Douwe, thanks for your reply, I moved on from where I was when I asked the question, remembering I had backups I thought I would start again with a new image then use the backup.

The setup is a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B, 2GB and a Kingston SSD, I have also tried three different SD cards and another SSD.
Home Assistant OS 12.3 RPI 4/400
The problem I get now is the installation fails as below:-

[OK] Reached target - System Time Set

[FAIL] Failed to start – Wait Until Kernel Time Synchronized

See ‘systemctl status systemd-time-wait-sync,service’ for details.

[OK] Reached target System Time Synchronized

Waiting for Home Assistant CLI to be ready

[WARN] Home Assistant CLI not starting! Jump into emergency console….

I hope you can help me install a working Home Assistant - this is the first time I have encountered a problem like this :frowning:

Hmmm, I’m sorry that this is happening to you. I’m not completely sure what happened, but if a search on Google the following things are suggested:

These both suggested you go into your RPi via terminal and type ‘login’.

If that fails, I fear that you should clean your SD card on another computer, perform a clean install and then backup all your data back into the config folder…

Sorry that I could not be more helpfull…