Crashing HA, debug help required

Hi,

I have been running HA via the HA OS on a raspberry Pi for approx 2 years without any issues. Over the last week, HA keeps crashing and restarting, and has failed to start, I can SSH into the PI, but HA UI is not starting - the container doesn’t load.

I’m looking for some advice to guid the best way to debug this going forward. I don’t think it’s a SD card issue as the Pi wouldn’t boot if this was the case and I wouldn’t be able to SSH into the box. On top of this, I can start the UI and it runs for a variable amount of time then crashes and restarts.

Any help will be very much appreciated

James

Have you recently upgraded haos to 13.0 or 13.1? What sort of Pi is it, how much RAM?

Power supply.

Yes, I’m on a pi 3.

I will try an alternative power supply. But it’s the HA not the pi that keeps restarting, does this change anything?

To many add-ons. Pi3 is starting to feel it has only 1 GB memory

No. The two things that most often cause reboots/restarts are the power supply is inadequate or not enough memory.

Plug a terminal into the Pi and watch as it boots. If it fails to boot, what were the last few lines displayed?

Wait, what? How did you install Home Assistant?

I installed the HA OS,

I can ssh into the bock but the UI doesn’t load. If I run docker ps -a it shows the containers but that they exited.