Creality Integration

I’ve been on the lookout for a Creality resin Home Assistant integration but came up short in finding one. This led me to embark on creating my own integration, a first for me. Given that I’m not a developer and sought assistance from ChatGPT, you might notice this reflected in the code’s approach.

Despite these hurdles, I successfully developed an integration for my Creality Halot resin printer. I believe this might pique the interest of others, and I warmly invite contributions to improve and refine the code. The integration leverages WebSocket for communication, which I identified through Wireshark. However, I encountered difficulties in retrieving device info, resulting in the absence of details like the device’s software version and model number.

It’s important to note that I’ve only tested this integration with my Creality Halot resin printer. While it’s specifically tailored for this model, I speculate it could potentially work with any Creality printer that’s connected to a network.

For those intrigued or willing to contribute to this endeavor, the repository is accessible here: GitHub - Klangen82/Creality-Control: Seamlessly integrate your Creality 3D printer with Home Assistant for streamlined control and monitoring..

This project presents an opportunity for growth and improvement with community support. I’m enthusiastic about its potential and look forward to seeing how it evolves with your input!

5 Likes

Thanks for your post!

I found this when trying to find an integration for the Creality Wifi Box. I knew it was possible to get the status of the printer because both Cura and Creality slicer show it. Using Wireshark I was able to determine that all communication was done unauthenticated using http get. I don’t normally code in python, or make integrations, but using your code as a template I was able to get it working.