Create a "paid" service/hardware sub-forum

Nabu Casa have a support contact for paying customers.

There is no requirement to use Nabu Casa with this hardware so I don’t see how you come to that conclusion. Because the profits go to supporting the developers like the profit from Nabu Casa?

I don’t have an issue with more forum Categories if they make things clearer, however this will still be mainly supported by volunteers. i.e. having the category, and paying for the Home Assistant Blue hardware is not a right to support by developers here.

1 Like

Not only that, but it would raise the expectation that devs have to respond to issues instead of developing.

1 Like

That’s interesting. I’ve pointed a few forum members to the Nabu Casa support contact when they could not get help here. Hopefully they weren’t ping-ponged back again.

no no all the tickets i had were sorted out :slight_smile: <3

2 Likes

Be it devs or anyone, it is generally my expectation to get support when I buy a product or service.

Now, I didn’t know there actually was a ticketing system for the cloud service.
Seeing the decent number of threads regarding cloud issues, I didn’t expect this.

From a recent thread, it appears that the Blue troubleshooting directly redirect to the forums.

yes there is a ticket system for the cloud service, but it’s just for the cloud service. Issues outside the cloud service are pushed here. As you can imagine, people don’t realize this and create general home assistant tickets against the cloud service.

1 Like

I agree. You have the right to hardware support when you have issues with the HA Blue hardware. Support for the software that runs on it would be impossible though.

Not sure where is the line between “Devs” and “Nabu Casa” to be honest. Aren’t all full-time devs under the Nabu Casa umbrella?

IIRC, there’s 1 guy who supports nabucasa. Everyone else is under the HA umbrella.

There are paid developers supported by profits from Nabu Casa and there are a whole bunch more volunteer developers (thanks!).

The team: https://www.nabucasa.com/about/

1 Like

As an example:

Are Dell or HP responsible for supporting the software run on their PC hardware?

Fair enough.
Final query: Who’s actually supporting the Blue hardware, then? Odroid, directly?

I mean, it’s just an odroid. IIRC there’s nothing extra with it, just a case. Not sure if it even has HA preinstalled.

I’d say the vendor you purchased it from but do not know for sure.

From Struggling to Start , I assumed so, but it could be otherwise as well

If you have problems with Windows, Microsoft will tell you you have an OEM license, and redirect you to Dell or HP. For 3th party software, you have to call the ISV.

Institute of Surveyors Victoria?

(sorry, I really have no idea what that acronym stands for).

Oh, found it further down in the search results. Independent Software Vendor.

Independent Software Vendor

1 Like

Seems HA is definitely “pre-installed”

Not really sure what the partnership with BayLibre is about, but I understand it as the kernel is custom patched as well

That makes the software support responsibility a bit unclear to me (and probably to buyers as well).

Yes it is an odroid n2+ and HA OS is pre-flashed to the emmc. It can be repurposed for anything else you might want to run on an odroid n2. It runs the same HA that anyone else is using. More of a bundle than anything else.