💾 Create Automated Backups Every Day

Nevermind… it seems it has been reverted for now

Reverted because it needs a new supervisor. It wasn’t backing up for the last few days (reverted in 2021.8.0b5)
It’s coming…

Ok then back to my original request :smiley:

Agreed. I’ve noticed the deprecated status in the logs too…

While it gets done, you can do it also in the config\blueprints\automation\vorion\create-automated-backups-every-day.yaml

Line 39

change

• service: hassio.snapshot_full

to

• service: hassio.backup_full

P.S. I did not want to copy that stuff and create a new blueprint as this would take away vorions credit :wink:

1 Like

Wondering if it could be possible to also delete previous snapshots if all went well.

I use this GitHub - tmonck/clean_up_snapshots: Service to clean up your home assistant snapshots, so you don't manually have to.

Hi, i get an often the following Error. What could it be?

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation
Source: components/automation/init.py:646
Integration: Automatisierung (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 08:08:19 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 08:08:19

Blueprint Automated Daily Snapshot generated invalid automation with inputs OrderedDict([(‘trigger_time’, ‘24:00:00’), (‘send_notification’, True), (‘notify_device’, ‘61840df3aa94bac80a6241014f744687’)]): Expected HH:MM, HH:MM:SS or Entity ID with domain ‘input_datetime’ or ‘sensor’ @ data[‘at’][0]. Got None

Nearly 2 months after the change from “hassio.snapshot_full” to “hassio.backup_full” and this is still not fixed? What gives? I did it in config myself but it’s a 5 second fix.

2 Likes

I updated line 39 and now I’m getting “Error while executing automation automation.automated_daily_snapshot: Unable to find service hassio.backup_full” I thought that was suppose to fix this. Any thoughts?