šŸ’¾ Create Automated Backups Every Day

Nevermindā€¦ it seems it has been reverted for now

Reverted because it needs a new supervisor. It wasnā€™t backing up for the last few days (reverted in 2021.8.0b5)
Itā€™s comingā€¦

Ok then back to my original request :smiley:

Agreed. Iā€™ve noticed the deprecated status in the logs tooā€¦

While it gets done, you can do it also in the config\blueprints\automation\vorion\create-automated-backups-every-day.yaml

Line 39

change

• service: hassio.snapshot_full

to

• service: hassio.backup_full

P.S. I did not want to copy that stuff and create a new blueprint as this would take away vorions credit :wink:

1 Like

Wondering if it could be possible to also delete previous snapshots if all went well.

I use this GitHub - tmonck/clean_up_snapshots: Service to clean up your home assistant snapshots, so you don't manually have to.

1 Like

Hi, i get an often the following Error. What could it be?

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation
Source: components/automation/init.py:646
Integration: Automatisierung (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 08:08:19 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 08:08:19

Blueprint Automated Daily Snapshot generated invalid automation with inputs OrderedDict([(ā€˜trigger_timeā€™, ā€˜24:00:00ā€™), (ā€˜send_notificationā€™, True), (ā€˜notify_deviceā€™, ā€˜61840df3aa94bac80a6241014f744687ā€™)]): Expected HH:MM, HH:MM:SS or Entity ID with domain ā€˜input_datetimeā€™ or ā€˜sensorā€™ @ data[ā€˜atā€™][0]. Got None

Nearly 2 months after the change from ā€œhassio.snapshot_fullā€ to ā€œhassio.backup_fullā€ and this is still not fixed? What gives? I did it in config myself but itā€™s a 5 second fix.

2 Likes

I updated line 39 and now Iā€™m getting ā€œError while executing automation automation.automated_daily_snapshot: Unable to find service hassio.backup_fullā€ I thought that was suppose to fix this. Any thoughts?

posted a fixed version of this here: Updated Automated Backups

@rcursaru Thank you!

Is it possible to move the backup automatically to another location?
Iā€™m running HA OS on a raspberry and want the backup be moved to my NAS

I use samba backup as the second post of this thread and it works perfectly

hassio.snapshot_full in the original blueprint is no longer available and probably has to be hassio.backup_full.

I am also using samba backup though, offloading the backup to a NAS.

Interesting topic. Is there also a way to automatically restore a back-up? My plan is to create a second home assistant instance as a back-up. I currently run my primary home assistant on a VM on the Synology. Iā€™ve faced some storage pool issues in the past which led to downtime of HA.

I have a second instance of home assistant on a Pi in the same network. Restoring a back-up from the primary instance to the Pi worked like a charm. But now I would like to automate it that during the night the secondary HA is automatically restored with the back-up from the primary.

Any thoughts?

Yes i have this error

I just saw this as well I just select submit and it said it fixed the workflow. Just scheduled it to run in 10 mns so Iā€™ll confirm that it works in a bit.

Did it work?

Nope Iā€™m still getting the error and the automaton does not work with