Create Scene?

I am pretty adept at HA and have several iOS actions that I use on my watch. With the latest update it looks like actions will be deprecated and i need to use scenes instead. How in the world do I create a scene? It makes no sense to me. I give the scene a name, choose an icon, choose an entity but there is no action to assign to the entity (i.e. open for garage door) and when I hit save and go back to the list of scenes, it is not there. I can’t imagine what I’m missing but can someone give me step by step details of a simple scene to, say, turn on a light or open my garage door?

Where did you get that actions will be depreciated? Recently they emoved the term ‘service’ and replaced it with ‘action’, which makes sense, but I can’t see actions being removed.

Also I don’t think scenes can work like that. Scenes save the state of an entity or group of entities. So when you add an entity to a scene it will save the current state of that entity to be recalled later when you activate that scene.

When you’re in the companion app under configuration (for the watch) and you add an action, you now have the options of action, scene, or script (I’m bagging scenes at this point and using scripts). There is a message there that says that actions will soon not be supported.