Create template for loop to set individual state per entity?

Hi,

Need some help please:

since Ikea Tradfri lights don’t automatically show/send their state ‘unavailable’ (yet) to HA when power is cut off to the light, we need to force this by issuing a command to the light and have it reveal it is unavailable.

this works fine for that:

- alias: "Dummy set Tradfri outside light to show unavailable"
    id: "Dummy set Tradfri outside light to show unavailable"
    #initial_state: 'on'
    trigger:
      platform: time
      minutes: '/1'
      seconds: 00
    condition: 
      condition: template
      value_template: >
        {{ states('light.outside') != 'unavailable'}}   # no need to check if the lights already show unavailable
    action:
      service: light.turn_on
      data_template:
        entity_id: light.outside
        brightness: >
          {{state_attr('light.outside','brightness') |int }} # set lights to last known brightness value

How can I do that in 1 automation for all my Tradfri lights? Need a for loop? Using the lights in the trigger part of the automation won’t work obviously, because they don’t send their unavailable state, which is the issue at hand to begin with…

so the condition template and the action service need to be able to use a template to replace the above automation for all available tradfri lights (I a have a group so could use something like {{entity_id in state_attr('group.ikea_tradfri_lights','entity_id') }}), or a dedicated set of indivually named lights.

as you can see it turns on the light at the last known brightness. That also means it does so when it was off. (turning it on with brightness 0) Which is kind of nice, since using a service_template for turning on /off isn’t accepted, unless you take out the brightness setting in the turn_off… making it much more complicated.

now: turn the above in an automation for all tradfri lights… :wink:

please have a look? for a bit more background see Test if Tradfri light is available/reachable?

Hello, since few days i got my Tradfri bulbs and also the same “state” problem. Did you figure it out maybe? Thanks!