Creating a button on the "Overview" which i can refer to as Trigger in an Automation

I have a setup with 16 switches. I would like to introduce a button that I can use as Trigger (when clicked) for an automation. I would like to see the button in the “Overview” window of my Home Assistant. When the button clicked, the automation should start. I know how to set one of my 16 switches as trigger for the automation, but I do not want to use them as trigger for the automation. So is there a way to introduce such a digital button into the Home Asisstant overview?

Thanks in advance.

Go to settings, Devices & Services, Then helpers and create a toggle helper, then tie automations based on its state.

Tile Cards and Button Cards can be assigned actions for tap and hold. The Service Call action can be used to execute Scripts (i.e. Automations without defined triggers) and even trigger existing automations with the automation.trigger service.

If you want an entity that can be used in Dashboard cards, scripts, and automations; create a Input Button helper.

Thanks for the answer. But since i am not very familiar with the software yet, I implemented to solution of kahilzinger, which was reasonably easy to do.

1 Like

Thanks. This was easy enough to implement :slight_smile:

Make sure you mark it as a solution. I use this method, too.