Creation of Vorwerk Kobold Component

Hi,

I released a new Version where the I/O-RuntimeError has been fixed.
I’m using it right now. Without problems, but that doesn’t mean that it works somewhere else. :slight_smile:
Could you try it again?

bye

Michael

Would do but it isn’t available. This is weird. Everything has been installed but it is not available at integrations.
The first time it was the same. After a couple of hours it was available.

Interessting. I’m not usiung hacs (because I use the git repository for developing). But I need a restart after every change. Did you restart Home-Assistant after installation?

It should be under Configuration > Integrations > Button: + Add Integration → (Search for Vorwerk)

Of course. Restarting is in my blood meanwhile :rofl:
By the way. Meanwhile it is available but still the following error:

Der Konfigurationsfluss konnte nicht geladen werden

Can you manually install the component and try it again? (Just copy the files unter /config/custom_components/vorwerk/)

I did it and now it worked immediately, but the popups, both, for mail and code have no description. Just input fields and I wondered what I shall put in. I was right :wink:

Now I have the entities but to be honest, now I don’t know how to deal with it. I mean there is no service or anything else.

Did you copy the translation files? If yes did you reload your Browser? The translation is cached on the client side (browser).

You can control the robot with the built in vacuum buttons and services. :sunglasses:

1 Like

That was the problem :slight_smile:
Thanks for your great support!!!

Ok, now the Integration can be configured but after the Setup i have the follwing mesaage in the Logs an no Enteties:
Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: custom_components/vorwerk/init.py:105
First occurred: 11:06:48 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:06:48

Error setting up entry [email protected] for vorwerk
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 249, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore
File “/config/custom_components/vorwerk/init.py”, line 78, in async_setup_entry
VORWERK_ROBOTS: [
File “/config/custom_components/vorwerk/init.py”, line 81, in
VORWERK_ROBOT_COORDINATOR: _create_coordinator(hass, r),
File “/config/custom_components/vorwerk/init.py”, line 105, in _create_coordinator
name=robot_state.robot.name,
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘name’

Looks like there is a problem with the connection to your robot?
Is the WIFIacitvated? Can you controll your robot via the SmartPhone APP?

I will improve the error handling here.

Hi,

could it be that you have two robots?

Can you try the new version? It should be fixed now.

Yap … we are a little bit crasy and we have two . one 200 and one 300 .-)

1 Like

It works .-)

Nice :+1:

Thanks for testing :grinning:

1 Like

Hi there,

I’m testing this too at the mo, did you want issues reported here or in Github? Just saw a warning about version in the manifest,json file.

Also, Am I supposed to be able to start and stop my VR200?, I only seem to have it’s status, battery sensor and schedule showing up.

and again, thanks for getting this working, fantastic effort.
Andy…

Yes you can report issues on GitHub. You can control the robot with the built in vacuum buttons and services. Just add a entriy card in lovelace and click on the robot entry there are the control buttons. Or call the vacuum.start service.

For more details look at: Vacuum - Home Assistant

1 Like

I pushed a new version. Changes are:

• version in manifest.json
  • minor mypy changes

Hi,
the integration works so far with my VR300. Thank you so much for your effort @trunneml !!! However, the vorwerk.custom_cleaning service does not work, at least not in my setup.

I tried the following code in the developer tools:

service: vorwerk.custom_cleaning
data:
  zone: "name of the zone"

This leads to an error. In the logs I got the following report:

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: helpers/config_validation.py:142 
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues) 
First occurred: 19:17:28 (3 occurrences) 
Last logged: 21:18:55

[1833833040] sequence item 0: expected str instance, Optional found
[1820506648] sequence item 0: expected str instance, Optional found
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 141, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1442, in async_call
    processed_data = handler.schema(service_data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 218, in __call__
    return self._exec((Schema(val) for val in self.validators), v)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 337, in _exec
    v = func(v)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 817, in validate_callable
    return schema(data)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/config_validation.py", line 142, in validate
    raise vol.Invalid("must contain at least one of {}.".format(", ".join(keys)))
TypeError: sequence item 0: expected str instance, Optional found

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to fix this?

Hi, i can’t find integration in configuration > integrations. Also in hacs. Solutions?

EDIT: I finally got the integration. The entity is there and I have inserted it in lovelace. Unfortunately, services calls don’t work.