Crestron TSW 1060. POE HA dash for $30. Firmware

Hi there.
Subj out of service Feb 2024 and start pop-up on eBay and locar recyclers sites with price around 30-40 US dollars: pretty nice price for POE powered 10.1 inch HA dashboard.

I bought one from eBay to test it for $30 and found way to use it like dashboard.

My info:

How-to:
Connect POE and reset it: on the back you have reset button, press it every time you see Crestron logo on screen (10 times total), after that reset to default.
After device booting up, figure out IP and go to settings screen. Setup password. Play with settings:-)
On the settings tab find Application and setup EMS and dashboard page for that device. Done.

Sorry for my poor English, not my first language.

3 Likes

TWS - 1070 working too:

Panels can be forced into portrait mode using a LCD rotate command in terminal in crestron toolbox.

1 Like

Crestron toolbox - only authorized members can download that software or it in public access?

only authorised people can download; happy to help anyone that needs !

1 Like

How is the dashboard performance? Does it lag?

You must be lucky where you live, these models on eBay start at 10x that price in the UK. Even just a mounting bracket is more than $30!

Just to be clear, is TSS-10 another name for TSW 1060 or are they different things?

It’s same .
On device configuration you can see on top is TSW
And bit lower it call TSS-10.

Firmware version 2.X not working with HA.
Just check it.
SD cards inside 4gB, 64 GB working.figure out it hard way:
Bought device from local recyclers ($25) and it’s not boot. Clone SD card (4gB) from my working one to brand new Samsung endurance 64gB and it’s boots.
But not load dashboard. Only one difference: older firmware.
Actually my devices have different hardware inside.
One have camera and mic’s, other have not.

TSS is a schedulng only panel, TSW can run other “apps” that crestron decides, thus the TSS is usually cheaper as its limited by software. EMS is a scheduling app so its available on both.

I have a crestron ‘program’ written that is simply a web browser, I was using this to run my dashboard because I never even heard of EMS and didnt know it would do the same thing. But my program could be useful to anybody that does not have the EMS app, or wants a browser with an address bar. I can share it later if interest.

The camera and mic are not accessible to the browser, shame :frowning:
But the TSW series have got stereo speakers which sound decent for a panel.

I wish there was a way to send them media (think media_player) without using browsermod…

I dont have any panels handy with the busylight (green light in the above video) but if there was a way to control that via HA that would be sick as.
Ill ask my crestron programmer buddy if he could add simple HTTP API to my browser program, that would be neat.

1 Like

Its smooth enough! It handles camera streams well, responds well, its not as touch sensitive to small areas as a traditional android tablet, potentially as its designed to be more durable and have large UI elements ?

1 Like

On the latest firmware both my devices (not sure if i have TSW or TSS) work smooth enough.
Latest firmware without paywall you can found here: https://crestrondevicefiles.blob.core.windows.net/tsx-firmware/touchscreen.txt

TSS and TSW both use same firmware file.
Model you can found on the back.
I have one TSS (with camera and mic) and one TSW.
Both of them have stereo speaker.

Both devices after update.
Both (TSS and TSW) shows TSS in settings.

Power consumption, brightness 30%:

$30, 4-7W power consumption, working with HA in kiosk mode without anything, End of support FEB 2024 - looks like it’s my favorite dashboard device now…

2 Likes

Just ordered a TSS-1060 off of ebay. Any recommendations for mounts? I need a a wall mount and a table mount.

Original wall mount looks expensive.
But on eBay you can found any kind of mount.
I, personally, decide just use dual side Velcro tape.

did updating firmware fix the dashboard not loading issue or did you do something else as well. im having the same issue

1 Like

nevermind got it. needed to update firmware

1 Like

Link for firmware on my previous post.

1 Like

just a cutout and some command velco strips. You can probably make a DIY mount out of steel or something, the official one ‘holds on’ with magnets in the back of the panel.
I can see if I can save them if I see them going to trash…

There is a table mount too but its not pretty in my opinion. the 1070 table version is prettier.

1 Like