Current Docker on WIndows Setup and Request for Advice

Hi all!

Current Setup: Home Assistant directly running inside of a docker container installed on a windows 10 machine.

Thoughts: Home Assistant is great and amazingly flexible. The addons for Hassio, however, look attractive as well.

Questions: Am I able to integrate all of the Hassio addons with my current setup without running/installing Hassio? If so, how would I do this? Example; The Home Assistant Control Panel is an addon for Hassio, however, I am able to access it with my current setup which does not currently include Hassio.

If not, would I be able to run/install Hassio with my current setup? If so, how? Or would I need to install Ubuntu Server in a docker container and then install Hassio there?

Thank you all in advance for any advice you are able to provide!

hassio addons are specific to the hassos operating system, so are not available to normal homeassistant users.

I did help someone the other day set up hassio on a mac using the virtualbox vmdk image.

It should work fine on Windows, but you need to install virtualbox first.

The trick is to enable efi and to set the network to bridged mode in the VM settings.

yeah, check that thread out, he helped me a lot, although I have not got the bridged mode working yet, so I am doing things with NAT for the moment