Current expected behavior of self-hosted Alexa Smart Home?

I’m currently running the self-hosted Alexa Smart Home solution as documented here:

I’m trying to confirm this feature:

SCRIPT

Run script with script name, or “turn on” utterance. Deactivate a running script with “turn off” utterance.

• “Alexa, Party Time.”
  • “Alexa, turn on Party Time.”
  • “Alexa, turn off Party Time.”

My scripts are successfully discovered by Alexa, however I cannot get the first utterance (without “turn on” / “turn off”) to activate it. All I receive is the clever reply, “Excellent.” As much as I appreciate this on a personal level, it’s quite frustrating that it is not triggering my “Party Time” script. I have been able to workaround this by creating an Alexa routine called “Party Time” but I’m not sure if this was the original intent of how this should work.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior or share your experience with this?

Is anyone still using this method or the Custom Skill method, or has everyone moved to Nabu Casa?

I also tried setting up the Custom Skill per https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/alexa.intent/ but had no luck whatsoever. I’m fairly certain everything is working up to the point that Home Assistant receives and attempts to process the intent (the logs suggest the intent is getting mapped correctly, but HA can’t find the intent). I set up the config as follows:

alexa:
  intent_script:
    ActivateSceneIntent:
      action:
        service: scene.turn_on
        target:
          entity_id: scene.{{ Scene | replace(" ", "_") }}
      speech:
        type: plain
        text: OK

I also tried factoring out the “intent” portion into a separate yaml file, tried simplifying the target entity_id, etc. but got the same results. Confirmation from some folks that this still should work would go a long way to inspire much-needed confidence.

This is the only log:

2021-02-28 23:15:08 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.alexa.intent] Unknown intent LocateIntent

Alexa replies, “This intent is not configured within Home Assistant”

Thanks in advance.

Not sure what fixed this, between upgrading the version of HA to setting up the configuration as follows (which I thought I had tried previously):

# This is a separate integration!
intent_script:
  ActivateSceneIntent:
    action:
      service: scene.turn_on
      target:
        entity_id: scene.{{ Scene | replace(" ", "_") }}
    speech:
      type: plain
      text: OK

# This is a separate integration too!
alexa:

Still having issues relayed in Post #1. Will post back with information.