Current Status

I’m having sporadic changes on that sensor for both my ipad and my iphone. It does change the % and status (unplugged/charging), but not nearly as often as it should. BUT if it updates too often it would drain too much battery I guess. But maybe we can get a number on how often it should update and see if it’s matching our numbers. (As of right now it says my iphone is at 16% and unplugged, but it is charging and is up to 22 %, will try to catch it when it updates.)

Anyone else who has updated? I don’t dare to after this…

I have updated without any issues, still works for me!

Mine have not updated for the last 3 hours now. Can I force it to update?

Attempting to ‘Enable location tracking’ is completely freezing the app for me for the updated app

3 Likes

Mine did the same in the firs version. But after I hade added the tracking to the config file and got the check mark I gave it a 30 minutes or so to settle in (I read in another post that it could help) After that it worked to turn the tracking on in the app.

@teachingbirds yea. I installed 1.0.1. Works. I’m not sure if its better than 1.0 yet. I did notice the device ID i set manually in the iOS app went back to the default. I have changed it again.

I think changing the device ID in the app stops it from working properly but I’m not sure yet.

Thanks! How to add to config file? Documentation skips that part…

In customize add

zone.home:
        track_ios: true

Hey Great work on the iOS app
I have managed to delete the ios.conf file and its contents. Now notifications aren’t working, I cannot seem to get my device to show up in it again

Any help?

Thanks! Something similar for notifications?

For notification add below to the configuration file

notify:
  - name: iOSApp
    platform: ios
    target: 'token from the app'

Maybe we should go to gitter. Seems this is going realtime.

Blog post is live.

Thanks again everyone for your support. I’ll start triaging once I get back from a celebratory brunch!

4 Likes

Just downloaded :slight_smile:
Trying to set up notifications and get this in my log:
17-04-16 15:34:42 ERROR (Thread-4) [homeassistant.components.notify.ios] The notify.ios platform was loaded but no devices exist! Please check the documentation at https://home-assistant.io/ecosystem/ios/notifications/ for more information 17-04-16 15:34:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.notify] Failed to initialize notification service ios 17-04-16 15:34:42 ERROR (Thread-7) [homeassistant.components.notify.ios] The notify.ios platform was loaded but no devices exist! Please check the documentation at https://home-assistant.io/ecosystem/ios/notifications/ for more information 17-04-16 15:34:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.notify] Failed to initialize notification service ios

Currently working on that exact problem with a couple users on Gitter. Come join!

I’m closing this thread as it’s served its purpose.

The last thing I want to say is that we identified an issue with 1.0.1 and the Home Assistant integration. 0.42.4 will be out within the hour and include a fix for it. iOS version 1.0.2 will be out this week with an associated but not required fix, as well as other day one bug fixes.

3 Likes