Custom Assist command

hello, i’m trying to figure out how Assist work
so i’m trying to make my own custom command, but i keep getting this error

i went to “Setting” => “System” => “Log” => “Load Full Logs”
but there’s nothing related, where i can find error message?

here’s my code:

conversation:
  intents:
    guestlighton:
      - "testing2"
intent_script:
  guestlighton:
    action:
      service: automation.trigger
      data:
        entity_ld: automation.kitchen_on
    speech:
      text: "Stealth mode engaged"

from my understanding i used “guestlighton” as variable to pass from “conversation” to “intent_script”!?

please advice

Thanks.

To get started, create a custom_sentences/<language> directory in your Home Assistant config directory where <language> is the language code of your language, such as en for English. These YAML files are automatically merged, and may contain intents, lists, or expansion rules.

3 Likes

you are awesome, thank you.
it’s clear for me now how everything work

now i can start contribute in translating.
Thank you again <3

Good day. Tell me I’m doing a Conversation according to this instruction, but when I add intent_script to the configuration file, I get an error that’s on the screenshot.

error

What I can see from the screenshot (which should have been properly formatted text using grafik) - you might want to change the double quotes (") inside states("sensor .. to single quotes, so it reads

text: "It is currently {{ states('sensors.out_sensors_humidity') }} percent humidity outside."

Thank you very much. Something I completely forgot about using buckets =)

I get the same error “Oops, an error has occurred” . I have created a yaml file in the config/custom_sentences/en directory.
UPDATE - Error Resolved: The issue was that I had Google Assistant enabled. It is interesting to note that all the Home-assistant ‘built-in’ sentences work just fine with Google Assistant enabled.

My code is:

# activate basement music script
language: "en"
intents:
  BasementMusicRoutine:
    data:
      - sentences:
          - "activate basement music"

The error in the log file is:

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/websocket_api/connection.py:162
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 2:02:55 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 2:02:55 PM

[547359747584] Error handling message: Unknown intent BasementMusicRoutine (unknown_error) Home from 192.168.1.1 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/110.0.0.0 Safari/537.36)

I don’t believe that the execution actually gets to the intent script, but for completeness the following script_intent code is in my configuration.yaml file:

# activate basement music
intent_script:
  BasementMusicRoutine:
    speech:
      text: "Playing Basement Music"
    action:
      service: script.basement_music

Hello I have the exact same issue, could you explain how you resolved this ?

I went into Settings → Integrations → Google Assistant and selected the Disable option from the three dot menu (lower right). Of course then you can’t use Google Assistant to talk to Home-assistant.

Update: I have since re-enabled Google Assistant. I now tried my custom sentences and they work. I was pretty sure that I tried restarting HA (one of the first things to try) when getting custom sentences to work, but that was not the case. Oops. The only thing that is required to solve the the stated error is restarting HA. A quick reload of the all YAML configurations does not solve the problem.