Custom card: Room Card

thanks it worked.

I found that the text alignment can be changed by using text-align: left but couldn’t find how to align the row or individual entity/icons

@marcokreeft87 just downloaded v0.0.14 it breaks the layout.

I was using the card without title and info_entities so it was looking like this
Screenshot 2022-09-02 at 3.21.28 PM

but sadly after the update it is looking like below… with the spaces inserted now

Screenshot 2022-09-02 at 3.21.43 PM

I had to downgrade to v0.0.13.

Is there an option to turn the title on/off so that the card should look like it was in v0.0.13 and the top spacing is removed

please do the necessary changes…

You are using the card not like its meant to be used. There need to be a main entity. What I changed was a bugfix

but plz include the option to use it without the info_entities… please :pray:

If you don’t want the main entity to show in the card, why don’t you use a Glance card instead? Seems like that might give you the look you want.

thanks @loringpelz I was using Glance card before… but the styling option is not possible in it.

If @marcokreeft87 just consider to add an option where if someone doesn’t want to use the title and info_entities then it would be perfect otherwise I will stick to v0.0.13. @marcokreeft87 please consider the request.

@Vandana Check out version 1.0. The alignment issue should be fixed. You might need to clear your cache of the ios/android app

This will also add an option to hide the title.

The hide_title option doesn’t seem to be working. I installed the update, cleared app cache, and restarted HA

i updated to v1.0 cleared the cache. used hide_title: true but the title is still visible

@Vandana @dd900 Super weird. It is working on PC. The whole node doesnt get rendered when show_title is true so this must be a cache issue of some sort. Maybe it has something to do with the fact I created a release, deleted that one and created another with the same version nr

Hi everyone,

I had no time to read the full post yet, however I can’t find a solution to have a tap_action to the card itself.
I can only add tap action to the main entity.

Is there a way to have tap action to the whole card?

Thank you!

Nope thats not possible. I also wonder, why would you want that? Its make the other entities in the card useless

Ok a new release with a different version nr fixed it on my phone @Vandana @dd900 can you try the new version?

No, if you want to have a naviagation path :slight_smile:
Currently I use it like, the cards ara my main homescreen with few information, and there is a full screen for every information in the room.

For example in livingroom, I have a lights, tv, temperature which is shown on card, but i have automations, logs, climate settings, etc, which are only available on the full screen.
In this case the room card click would navigate me to the living room screen, and it would be easier to tap on anywhere on the card the shoot 1 particular point of the card

Also one more thing I wasn’t able to find out how I can do:
On double tapaction I want to use the more_info screen of a different entity than the doubletapped one.
Is this possible somehow?

Perfect… title gone… thanks alot @marcokreeft87 :blush::blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I was looking at ways to style the card and remove the spacing last night, and the update a few hours later has the feature. Great! :+1:

1 Like

You can use the main entity for that. I have for example put all light of the living room in a group and if I click the icon of the main entity it toggles the group

You can use double_tap_action but it’s not in the docs because I have not tested it fully. But by all means, try it out