Custom component: 2n / Helios IP Intercom integration

2n / Helios IP Intercom integration

I have created a custom integration for 2n / Helios IP intercoms.

Features

The integration currently supports the following:

• Control of intercom switches
  • Control of intercom outputs and relays
  • Monitoring input states

It is still work in progress, but the core functionality is available, and it seems to be working quite well.
Planned features are listed in the documentation.

Supported devices

A full list of supported devices is available in the documentation.
In general, it should support all 2n IP intercoms. Tested on firmware 2.39, 2.38 should work too.
For older firmware your mileage may vary.

Installation

It can be added through HACS, and configuration is done through a configuration flow, so no yaml files.
You can also directly install the custom components folder in your configuration.

Documentation

Full documentation and code available on the github repository:

More functionality is planned, such as using the intercom device log for triggers, and integrating the camera on supported devices.

Closing notes

This is my first home assistant integration, but I’m quite happy with the results.
2n intercoms are great products in my opinion, and being able to integrate them in home assistant makes for a great access control system.
I hope this is useful to you as well, and don’t hesitate to reach out with feedback, feature requests, or bugs!

6 Likes

This is a great start. Just set it up. Worked fine with my IP Solo.

Any plans to fully integrate the doorbell functionality? Ideally I like to bridge this back to HomeKit at some point - including talk back function.

Tested this on Firmware: 2.40.0.53.4

Thanks for this Integration.
Are there any updates yet? Did you still work in it?

It would be great if it would be possible to interact in home-assistant with the switches Form 2N

My idea is that esoecually switch 1 triggers the Bell, switch 2 triggers the door.

Any Suggestions?

If this would be possible you didn’t need to buy the gold license to make an http-get command from IP Verso.
And you didn’t need an extern relay to trigger the Bell.

Thanks for feedback

Hey.

I’m relatively new to Home Assistant, but managed to install your project from HACS and do all the configurations in the 2n verso. However, I’m failing to add the integration and receive a cryptic error message “Unknown error occurred” when entering Host, Username, Password.

I’m very much looking forward to be using this integration, hence appreciate any hint on where the issue could be.

I’m using the most current versions of both 2n Verso and Home Assistant.

Thanks so much!

Seems like the Scrypted community has made some great progress on the 2N integration including doorbell functionality: