Custom Component: ABB/Power-One/FIMER PV Inverters - SunSpec Modbus TCP

Abdulla, you have a UNO-DM-4.0-TL-PLUS-SB right? And the integration reports 0x01ED as the first part of the Options sensor, correct?

I introduced the model detection in latest version, but I need to add all inverters not present. Your model is identified by 0x01 (ED is the family number), so I will add it to the list if you can confirm.

@febba if you still use the integration, could you please do the same thing I asked Abdulla above? You should have a UNO-DM-3.0-TL-PLUS, I need the Options value to add it to the known inverter list. Thanks.

Thanks.

Rob,

there was a bug pointed to me by someone on GH regarding this issue. Please upgrade to latest version and let me know if you still see the same behaviour.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Thanks Alex for the info. :relaxed:

You mean for this integration? Yes, v2.0.8. HACS should notify that in your HA instance, unless you installed it manually. If you installed it manually, you need to enable the Watch feature on the GitHub repo to be notified when a new release is available.

1 Like

Hi All, I have a ABB PVI3.0 and love to get this into Home Assistant. I’m in the UK. But can’t get hold of a VSN300. Anyone got one to purchase?

Thanks in advance.
Chris

You could send an email to FIMER, and ask for the resellers in UK.

Otherwise, you might be able to order it on the site where I purchased it, it’s in Italy:
ABB VSN300 WIFI LOGGER CARD – SCHEDA ESPANSIONE WI-FI INVERTER UNO E TRIO - Solar Energy Point

There is also this one, they have it in stock:
ABB/FIMER VSN300 WIFI LOGGER CARD (tecno-logistica.it)

Yes the model number is as you mentioned UNO-DM-4.0-TL-PLUS-SB and it reports 0x01ED/0xFF38/

Thanks

Added your model, thank you.

1 Like

Yes, I’m still using it. My version is:

UNO-DM-3.0-TL-PLUS - Manuf.: ABB - Model: -3P86- - Options: 0x0CED/0xFF69/ - OptModel: 0x0CED/0xFF69/ - OptModelInt: 12

Let me know if you need anything else. Thank you

Ok, added your model option (0x0C) to the known models list.
Next release you won’t see 0x0CED/0xFF69/ as model, but the real model UNO-DM-3.0-TL-PLUS.

Thank you.

UPDATE: released v2.0.10. @febba, please let me know if you see the real model in the sensor list after the upgrade.

Hi, I’m trying to install the package, but I get the following error:

Impossibile caricare il flusso di configurazione: {"message":"Invalid handler specified"}

In logs, i have the following:

Error occurred loading configuration flow for integration abb_powerone_pvi_sunspec: cannot import name 'ModbusTcpClient' from 'pymodbus.client' (/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pymodbus/client/__init__.py)

Could you please help me out on this?

Thanks

Ciao,

1. what type of HA installation do you use? supervised, core, etc.
  2. do you use other integrations that leverage pymodbus?
  3. how are you installing the component, manually or hacs?

Ciao, I’m using HA core.
Not sure about other integrations using pymodbus honestly, do you know how can I check it? I’m was using modbus for communicating directly with the inverter, but it doesn’t work anymore:

modbus:
  type: tcp
  host: 192.168.1.170
  port: 502
- platform: modbus
  registers:
    - name: Fotovoltaico-Output
      unit_of_measurement: W
      slave: 1
      register: 40084
      register_type: holding  
      scale: 10

etc…

The component is installed using HACS.

If it can be of any help, the error is logged with another error of another integration:

Error occurred loading configuration flow for integration tuya: cannot import name 'AuthType' from 'tuya_iot' (/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tuya_iot/__init__.py)
Error occurred loading configuration flow for integration abb_powerone_pvi_sunspec: cannot import name 'ModbusTcpClient' from 'pymodbus.client' (/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pymodbus/client/__init__.py)

if the modbus native integration doesn’t work, probably you have an issue with the installation of pymodbus. that’s why also my component gives you errors. What errors does the native modbus integration give you? Show the log.

you need to fix that problem first, otherwise it won’t work, as it is a prerequirement.

check if you installed other components that use modbus so probably they install/require pymodbus library. maybe there’s some conflict, but I can’t help you more than that.

you can also try with a backup of the config, reinstall HA and restore the config. then try the modbus: integration first, once that works, you can use my component too because it means pymodbus is working.

One thing you might want to check: open a shell inside the container and do this command: find / -name 'pymodb*'

It will find all pymodbus installation folders, so we can check specific things. Paste the output of that command here.

This is the output of find command:

root@raspberrypi:~# find / -name 'pymodb*'
find: ‘/proc/20814’: File o directory non esistente
find: ‘/proc/20824’: File o directory non esistente
find: ‘/proc/20825’: File o directory non esistente
find: ‘/proc/20826’: File o directory non esistente
find: ‘/proc/20827’: File o directory non esistente
/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/pymodbus
/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/pymodbus-2.5.3.dist-info
/usr/local/bin/pymodbus.console
/usr/local/bin/pymodbus.server
/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pymodbus
/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pymodbus-3.0.0.dist-info
/srv/homeassistant/bin/pymodbus.console
/srv/homeassistant/bin/pymodbus.server

I updated recently to python3.10, might it be I did something wrong when updating? How can I know which pymodbus package is HA using, whether 3.7 or 3.10?

What HA version are you using?

Troubleshooting for Core: Common Tasks - Core - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)

How did you upgrade python? If you use core bare metal, you have to follow a procedure, that’s why I advise to use the container version if you don’t want to get mad with dependencies/venv/etc.

Here’s a detailed procedure for python upgrade on core bare metal: Upgrading HomeAssistant Core in a Python VE - Community Guides - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

I’m using the latest, 2022.11.2.
I tried the troubleshooting, with no luck (it tried to install pymodbus, though, and not the latest version).

For upgrading python I followed this guide:

I was to thinking to migrate to Docker, maybe it’s easier for people who it’s not very expert like me…

If you’re not an expert, I strongly advice using supervised installation. Or, if you don’t like being supervised, core on docker. you can easily migrate, prepare a backup of the config first. :slight_smile:

That article is a bomb for breaking an installation, for non advances users. They should warn people.

I tried migrating, everything works as before the migration, but your package does’t install either… :frowning: