Custom component Afvalbeheer - Support for multiple waste collectors

Did you perhaps undo the fix for ‘duobak’ in a recent release? On the latest release ‘duobak’ no longer works, but changing it to ‘papier’ again does.

Hi, this component is great!
I live in belgium and use the ophaalkalender with the postcode 3080. And can’t get my plastic trash, these are the resources I am trying to track :
resources:
- restafval
- gft
- papier
- pmd
- pbd
Is pbd the wrong one for plastics or must I indicate something else?

I’m using this for a few months now and I’m happy, it really works well. :slight_smile:

Er is wel 1 klein dingetje die ik graag opgelost zou willen zien: ik zie bij de datum de maanden nog steeds in het Engels staan. Is daar iets aan te doen?

@freakshock and @gliena
Please DM me your config so I can do some tests.

Please, English only.

It’s a know issue. I can change the code to support months also. But the current way of localization is hacky and ugly. I’m looking for a better way, but so far no luck.

Update (current version 4.2.2):
In the last few weeks there was quite some work done on this sensor. The code was almost completely rewritten/refactored. So I thought it would be a good idea to give a little update.

There is now support for the state to be a date object. This can be used with for example the Home Feed Card or the Entities Card. To do this set the option dateobject: 1. Look at this issue for more info.

It is now possible to omit the daynames form the state, but do include the “Today” or “Tomorrow” in a state. To do this set the option dayofweek: 0. Look at this issue for more info.

The new way this sensor is coded makes it quite easy to add more waste collectors. So a few waste collectors have been added. Namely:
ACV, Twente Milieu, Hellendoorn, Sudwestfryslan, RD4, De Afval App, Mijn Afvalwijzer and Ophaalkalender.be. Cure and Circulus-Berkel now use a new API and ROVA is re added.

The total list of currently supported Garbage collectors:

• ACV
  • Afvalstoffendienstkalender
  • Alkmaar
  • AlphenAanDenRijn
  • Avalex
  • Berkelland
  • Blink
  • Circulus-Berkel
  • Cranendonck
  • Cure (use MijnAfvalwijzer)
  • Cyclus
  • DAR
  • DeAfvalApp
  • DenHaag
  • GAD
  • Hellendoorn
  • HVC
  • Meerlanden
  • MijnAfvalwijzer
  • Montfoort
  • Ophaalkalender
  • PeelEnMaas
  • Purmerend
  • RD4
  • ROVA
  • RMN
  • Spaarnelanden
  • SudwestFryslan
  • Twente Milieu
  • Venray
  • Waalre
  • ZRD

If there are any issues or feature request, please make a new issue on the github repo.

Thx @Pippyn for the update, really appreciate your efforts. I do have one question/issue.

As you can see it shows that gft will be picked up tomorrow but for some reason the loading indicator keeps on going (even if I refresh 2 hours later). Any idea what is causing this or how I can help find the cause?

This a lovelace issue I think? I can’t really see what this is.

Do you have errors in your log? If so make an new issue on my github repo

Which log file do I check for this? ha core logs or ha supervisor logs?

core logs, in the dev-tools panel

Nothing weird it seems

Yes the logs are normal and the component is functionaling normal.
You have a LoveLace problem then. Try displaying the sensor in another card (maybe a glance card or something)

glance card is indeed different

Is there a way to show the included icons in a color when using a glance card?
instead of black i want to use white

No sorry, maybe in the future I’ll replace the icons. For now you can use your own icons if you want?

Hi, ok no problem.
I’ll just wait then i think.
I searched for own icons, but couldnt find 3 icons with the same color, that i like

Hello, is there a support for the “afvalbeheer” for westerkwartier.afvalalert.nl? I can’t find it in this forum

Not yet, but I can look if I can find an API and implement it. Can you DM me a postcode and streetnumber? So I can do some tests?

The image below is from a post earlier. How can i add this to my dashboard?
i have tried Image entity card. But don’t know how to selcect the right image.

I tried this

type: picture-entity
entity: sensor.afval_vandaag
state_image:
  'gft': /local/gft1.png.png
  'papier': /local/papier1.png
  'restafval': /local/restafval1.png
  'plastic verpakkingsafval': /local/pmd1.png
  'Geen': /local/kliko3.png
#image: 'https://demo.home-assistant.io/stub_config/bedroom.png'
aspect_ratio: 50%

but won’t work.
Am I on the right way?

check here for a current config. Garbage pickup date (mijnafvalwijzer.nl) custom_component - #429 by Mariusthvdb

there’s a typo in your config though:

take out the double .png.png…