[Custom Component] Alarmo - browser managed alarm system

I have just installed this and great work.
I have now setup 2 users but the changed_by: will stay null
Is there anything else to do?

Changed_by will give info about the sensors that caused triggering of the alarm or blocked the alarm from arming.
It is not related to users.
I’m not really a fan of the naming either, but this property is defined by HA and I think is what it’s meant for.

I could add a property that tells you whose code was used for arming/disarming.

That makes sense then.
Would be nice to have sensor to see who has changed the alarm

1 Like

Hi there gr8 work you have there is it possible to by pass sensors? If i have 1 2nd floor window open allow me to arm the alarm anyway?

I presume you should be able to turn off “Enabled modes - Alarm modes in which this sensor is active.”. I assume that if that sensor is not turned on for the alarm mode you are using it would be ignored. Does that work for you?

Stefan

I’m planning to add a functionality that if your arming attempt failed, and you re-arm with in ~5 minutes, it will be enforced and Alarmo will automatically bypass sensors that are still blocking.

I could also add some extra functionality, like a ‘forced mode’ flag you can you for the service call, or a switch you can use toggling the forced mode. But I need some feedback from you guys to determine what’s best.

Yes, that’s how it works (or should work).
In the sensors tab you see which sensors are active in which arm mode.
By default, motion sensors are only active in the armed_away state, so they should be completely ignored in other arming modes.
The only exception is ofcourse the ‘always on’ sensors.

I just released v1.2.0, making Alarmo yet a little bit better.
Let me summarize the highlights:

Added HACS support
HACS provides a UI for managing third party add-ons in HA.
It deals with the downloading, updating and deleting of files in your local HA folder.
Alarmo is now added to HACS and will remain supported.
If you don’t like the hassle of overwriting files time after time, maybe HACS is for you!
The documentation is updated with guidelines on how to get Alarmo up-and-running with HACS.

Added actions editor
As promised, I added a UI for setting up simple automations that switch devices based on the alarm state.
Like with the notification editor, the actions editor also has a YAML mode so you can create your own (advanced) actions as well.
Preview:

Added force arm for actionable push notifications
The force arm option allows you to arm the alarm, even if there are open sensors.
The open sensors will be temporarily excluded, until the next time you arm.

About the actionable push notifications, I guess the picture speaks for itself:

If you have an iOS or Android phone running the HA Companion App, you can set this up as well.
It requires a little some code to be added to the ‘failed to arm’ notification, instructions are written here.

Thank you all for supporting Alarmo and helping by reporting bugs and wishes.

2 Likes

I changed this behaviour in v1.2.0.
changed_by will now show the user who last armed/disarmed the alarm.
open_sensors will now show the sensor(s) that prevented the alarm from arming or caused it to trigger.

1 Like

Hey, I just updated (comming from 1.0x I guess) but the UI wont load. Deleted all files etc. But no success.

Edit: Clearing Cache did the trick :slight_smile:

Edit2: After setting everything up again. The user mod is gone now? System can now be armed when users are home.

What is a user mod?
And when is a user home?
I don’t understand what you are talking about.

Sorry I confused it with one of my automations. armed_away Should one be possible to be armed when no one of the persons in the house is home.

Hi
GREAT WORK!! I’m looking to use this for alarm interface to a DMP panel but can’t see how to set up any of the MQTT binary sensors that are receiving the panel’s status. Did I miss something because they don’t show up in the GUI interface?

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Your ‘scheduler’ is also something I looking to use.

1 Like

The documentation describes the current MQTT implementation.
It is very minimal, so let me know if you miss something.

Alarmo doesn’t arm itself.
You can choose to arm only when everyone left the house, or even make an automation for it.
If you want the arming to fail when there are people in the house, perhaps you could create a template binary_sensor for that condition and add it to Alarmo.

Thank you for great work, love it!

1 Like

Hi @neliss,
Firstly, great component. Makes managing the alarm setup very easy.

I’ve got a question regarding the bypass/force arm mode. Is it possible to do this from the UI/service call? Or only via push notification?

Would it be possible to allow an override code when arming to force arm? Say I arm with my normal code and it won’t allow it due to open sensors but if I arm with a special bypass code then it will force arm

Interesting integration. Unfortunately most of my sensors are not recognized and don’t appear on the Add Sensors tab. In fact, only four of my camera intrusion sensors appear (from the hikvision integration), but none of my zwave door and motion sensors (yes, they’re binary).

Any ideas ?

To announce state changes via Alexa use the yaml editor after creating a new notification.

name: Disarmed Home Echo Dot
modes: []
triggers:
  - state: disarmed
actions:
  - service: notify.alexa_media
    service_data:
      data:
        type: tts
      target:
        - media_player.living_room_echo_dot

1 Like