[Custom Component] Alarmo - browser managed alarm system

It works after clearing app data not just cache on Android. I would rather see a update to the app that allows for a Lovelace cache clearing. Going forward other add-ons could do the same and include the card with the integration, I think it’s a much cleaner way, we just need a way in the app to clear cache

I just created a seperate area/entity for my fire alarm, what’s weird is the alarm_control_panel.fire_alarm is displaying as “part of following automations” for all the automations which use alarm_control_panel.security_alarm. I have made sure that there’s nothing referring to all entities with alarm_control_panel in the automations, only the security alarm. Any idea why this is happening?

Also noticed now that the same happens with alarm_control_panel.master

@sondreen Hmm, this sounds pretty frustrating, as it makes the automations completely useless for you.
Unfortunately I could not reproduce your issue.
But this could also be caused by the fact that I have made quite some changes locally regarding automations.
Perhaps the next update will already solve your problems.
I’m hoping to have something “releaseable” by the end of the week.

1 Like

Is it possible to add notification channels för Alarm notifications?

Introduction | Home Assistant Companion Docs (home-assistant.io)

Sure.
You can follow the example in the documentation and change the service_data in any way you like.
Alarmo simply calls the service in the way you set it up when triggered.

I would like to add some UI part for the actionable notifications, but I think it will be impossible to cover all preferences in a simple form, so don’t expect too much from it :slight_smile:

Hi @neliss

Thanks for Alarmo i just started using it and it works great using a webpage.

But i can not get it to work with the HASPone touch panel. HA SwitchPlate HASPone: DIY In-Wall Touchscreen Home Assistant Controller @luma

The HASPone panel has a alarm page that works fine with a alarm_control_panel created in configuration.yaml

alarm_control_panel:
  - platform: manual
    name: Test Alarm
    code: "1234"
    arming_time: 10
    delay_time: 20
    trigger_time: 4
    disarmed:
      trigger_time: 0
    armed_home:
      arming_time: 0
      delay_time: 0

But when i use the one i created with your integration i can see the status with MQTT and it says

{“event”: “INVALID_CODE_PROVIDED”}

Is there any thing i can change to get it. to work?

Alarmo gives the “invalid code” error only if:

• it requires a code for arming / disarming (this is a setting)
  • a code was provided for arming / disarming
  • the provided code does not match with any code set up for users

So, it seems that the code “1234” is not assigned to any user. Could you check that?

Ok i found the problem,
I was using 1234 only for the test. My actual code had a Zero for the first digit and it did not like it so i change it and now it works.

Thanks

Hi, is their anyway to log or in the alarmo admin have a view to see what triggered the alarm ? the alerts come to phone but once dismissed I cant see what sensor triggered the alarm.

This is displayed in the Alarmo-card as well (until you disarm).
Besides, it is stored as an attribute for the alarm entity, so you could make your own custom display for this using a template.
Additionally HA keeps a history + logbook per sensor so it is quite easy to check what happened afterwards.
I would say those things combined should be sufficient for all. What would you miss still?

I set up an email notification in Alarmo. Haven’t had a alarm yet, but the notification template in Alarmo indicates it should contain information on the sensor that was tripped.

Just recently started using Alarm and loving it so far. So much better than the built in version.

Do you have any plans to integrate a way to enable/disable (toggle) different codes? Ideally I would like a guest code that I can turn on and off with the flip of a switch.

This looks great, tis component offers everything the manual one is missing. Wouldn’t it be better to integrate all the functions from alarmo into the manual alarm?

Indeed I created my automations around alarmo so that I get a notification of what sensor tripped and if it’s near one of my camera’s it will include a picture of the event. Helpful to immediately see that it is your mother in law who entered the house :wink:

…but then it’s too late! :rofl:

2 Likes

I like how this alarm can be managed through gui interface. Currently using bwalarm, is there anyone that can advise (aside from the gui config) if its a good idea to switch to alarmo?

@neliss I had Alarmo installed and then uninstalled it by mistake. Now that I have reinstalled it via HACs and HA integrations page, I cant get Alarmo to save anything. Nothing shows up in the “general” tab when I try to add sensors they don’t save. I am able to create the administrator account but that’s about it.

@neliss Again, awesome work! I was wondering if there is a way to include a duress code feature. Example, if someone forcefully made a family member disarm Alarmo, and instead entered a duress code, the alarm would appear to be deactivated, however, in the case of using a monitoring service such as Noonlight, it would not provide an all clear.

Hope that makes sense…

~TJ

Very strange. Never heard of it or seen such behavior.
As last resort you could manually remove the Alarmo.storage file from the .storage folder in your HA config.
After rebooting HA, Alarmo should be in factory default.
If the problem persists, please open an issue on GitHub.

No, this is currently not implemented.
Alarmo is quite new still, so not many whistles and bells in place yet.
I do want to include some ‘panic’ feature with a dedicated code and configurable response.
But it might take a while before I can find the time and peace to work this out properly.

2 Likes