[Custom Component] Alarmo - browser managed alarm system

Seems like you found a bug :+1:
I will check it out!

So how do I use a trigger of alarmo being alerted, like if it’s armed and something triggers a sensor, to do things like send alerts and stuff? I don’t really get it

This is fixed with the v1.5.2 releae.

Your question is not very specific. You can use the “Actions” tab in the Alarmo UI to set up notifications and sirens. Also you can use automations in HA in combination with Alarmo entities.

1 Like

I try the android MQTT Alarm Panel but I didnt get it running with alarmo. Has someone a tutorial or something?

Best regards,

Is there a device/entity that changes it’s state to “alert” or something that’s that is part of alarmo or am I not getting how it works?

Oh I just found notifications. Can I have it turn on a helper toggle instead of notifying me? I was gonna use it to do more than send a notification.

Also can I have it tell me which sensor alerted it? Theirs a bunch of motion sensors and some just go off for like, no reason. And can I use some sort of action to automatically arm it? Like use the life360 app so when I leave I can trigger away mode and when I get home it automatically triggers home mode, and another so If I toggle a helper switch it disables it?

You can build automations that do everything you mentioned

Alarmo should work perfectly with the MQTT Alarm Panel.
I am actually working together with its developer to improve the compatibility.
For MQTT Alarm Panel you should make the following settings in the MQTT configuration:

The state/command payloads can be kept in standard settings.
Please check here for the mode/delay settings you should use (delay_time = exit delay in Alarmo, pending_time = entry delay).
In a future update, the delay settings will be synchronised. For now you have to ensure they are the same in both places.

I have configured the other way around. I have set up the default settings of Alarmo in MQTT Alarm Panel: alarmo/state and alarmo/command.
It works as long as both parts are writing/reading the same MQTT topic.

Ok thank you. It is now working for me. The problem was either Alarmo or the app. My MQTT wasnt running properly.
Thanks everyone

What is tot?

I edited my reply to fix the typo.

Is there a way to get the entry_delay and exit_delay values for adding to notification messages? I’d like to popup a notification on arming with something like “You have N seconds to exit the building”.

Mike

1 Like

Not yet, but I could add this (same as open_sensors etc).

1 Like

Thank you. I think this would be helpful for popups on the user panels and to announce over TTS as your entering\leaving a secured area.

How does Alarmo know when all people have left the house? Is there a way to configure who it looks for, or what devices it is tracking? image

Alarmo provides the generic alarm functionality (which is allready a lot) you have to then build your own automations around it, because every person has different needs.
If you want your alarm to go into armed away mode when you leave the house, then you need to build an automation that is able to track all relevant people and then tell the alarm to go to armed away mode when everybody has left.
The textual description in your screenshot is just a suggestion, if you prefer you can use the armed away mode to secure your kitchen while you are working upstairs to prevent the kids from getting some snacks :wink: (of course in that case the name ‘armed away’ is not very appropriate)

1 Like

Thanks! I realize now that I misread that description. :slight_smile:

@neliss Alarmo is amazing. Thank you so much for your super work moderating and accommodating all the feature requests thrown your way. You have built an awesome component - well done!

2 Likes