[Custom component] AsusRouter integration

I have the exact same router AiMesh: RT-AC66U B1 except that I have the original firmware on the main router RT-AC68U fw 3.0.0.4.386_49703 and I donā€™t have this problem.
Could this be a clue?

Weird.

With my RT-AX88U and 388.1, everything is fine. Ok. Iā€™ll try to find the reason

:hammer_and_wrench:

Just because, i couldnā€™t wait any longer :grin: ā€¦ so i installed it now, and restarted ā€¦ nothing ! , then i rebooted host as-well ā€¦ nothing

Latest homeassistant os Ver.

AsusR
[3.0.0.4.388_21732]

RT-AX68U

But if you already had this device set up with AsusRouter integration, it should not be discovered again :slightly_smiling_face: Thatā€™s the point, but it somewhy is not working in all the cases

If, you mean me , everything is fine here, was my point :slight_smile:

1 Like

0.21.1 :rocket: Support for HA 2023.3.x

2023-02-24

ā†’ :octopus: GitHub change log ā†

:rocket: Features

• Added support for HA 2023.3.x

:package: Dependencies

• Bumped asusrouter library to 0.20.3

:coffee: Support AsusRouter

Monetary support:

• You can make a donation using the Buy Me a Coffee service
  • Thinking of buying a new Asus router to use with AsusRouter integration? Check the compatibility list in our Docs. If you will use any of the Amazon Associate links, I might get a small (1-3%) bonus from Amazon (usage of the associate links does not change the price of the items for you)

Non-monetary support:

• Star AsusRouter repository
  • Know a person with an Asus device using Home Assistant but not AsusRouter? Let them know, AsusRouter is cool and has lots of useful features

:open_book: 106 votes

Installed the update. now Iā€™ve got 3 integrations
The log says:
Platform asusrouter does not generate unique IDs

@Duivelmolen,

Did 2 additional duplicates appear by themself after the update? Or was the device discovered (even though already set up) and you added it again?

In the last case, please just delete the duplicates.

The issue with the discovery of the already set up device is not yet fixed and requires some time to fix. Meanwhile, you can just ā€œignoreā€ it using the Ignote button in HA - it wonā€™t appear again

Yes like that. I will remove them

Hi @Vaskivskyi
Could you consider adding Reboot DDNS client button as a feature request please.
Many thanks

Hello, @neeu2,

If this can be done from Web UI, it should be possible to implement it into the integration.

How do you perform DDNS restart from Web UI? So it would be easier for me to find all the needed info.

Is it possible that this integration would slow down router in any way? I experienced occasionally that my router became slow, unresponsive when i tried to enter routerā€™s config page and iā€™ve had to reboot it eventuallyā€¦
Now i run HA without asus integration for a couple of weeks now and router is stable so far, but i canā€™t just tell yetā€¦ iā€™d have to reinstall addon and see if becomes slow again.

When iā€™ve had addon installed iā€™ve had all sensors ā€œincludedā€, maybe there were too many trafficā€¦?

I run rt-ax88U as main router, then 2x RT-AC86U and 1x RP-AX56 as AiMesh points ( first two are connected wired, last one is connected wirelessly to main router).

Doing via Web UI involves Clicking ā€˜Noā€™ to ā€˜Enable the DDNS clientā€™ and then ā€˜Applyā€™ and then clicking ā€˜Yesā€™ to the same setting and ā€˜Applyā€™ the setting (Under Advanced Settings>WAN>DDNS). Please see the image below. I normally use SSH and then run ā€œservice restart_ddnsā€

If it helps in any way: you can restart ddns client with Merlinā€™s addon ā€œscMerlinā€ā€¦

1 Like

@neeu2, @Protoncek, great. Thanks for the tips! Iā€™ll check it out. Should not be too hard, probably :slightly_smiling_face:

@Protoncek, hey. The integration works with the device the same way, as Web UI does and connects using the same method. It can slowly increase RAM usage (to keep the session live) but should be cleaned properly by the device and free the RAM by itself.

Do you accidentally have Merlin 388.1 on your RT-AX88U? This is something I am experiencing with my one - from time to time it stops responding to new SSL sessions (e.g. if you want to login into Web UI), but at the same time all the other sessions are kept live well. Also, you can access via non-SSL session. Unfortunately, this is something FW-related and does not happen on stock or just in older versions.

Edit: in my case, this is a self-fixed thing. Everything recovers in a couple of minutes without any useful info in the log

1 Like

Yes, i do run 388.1 fw. So, itā€™s fwā€™s faultā€¦ ok, good to know, in this case letā€™s hope that next one will fix that. Thanks!

Hi, I just upgraded. Iā€™m also using latest merlin fw and after upgrading and rebooting HA had the device (AX11000) rediscovered. I havenā€™t configured/added the newly discovered device yet as I was confused, so came here and saw this thread.

Should I ā€œignoreā€ the new device (3 dot menu), or delete the original one and setup the newly discovered one?

Thanks!

Hello. A new version will be available in the following couple of days, which should solve the issue with rediscovered devices. Until that time, you can ignore the rediscovered device

1 Like

Hello all,

Iā€™m new to HA and on a steep learning curve with all the cards, especially the cards in the cards etc. Best way of learning is figuring out someone elseā€™s making. So, if you have created an awesome dashboard, please share it here with the code, to help me to learn dashboard/card creation. That would be much appreciated!

@Vaskivskyi what an awesome job you did, and as far as I can make from the documentation and the information you share and your support on this forum, a very professional awesome job. Thank you very much.

Please search the Forum for this, there are lots of exam ples, for / with card-code, view code etc. etc. , AND itā€™s nothing you should ā€œrequestā€ under this, or other Component specific Topics, these specific Topics are made for the component, releases, troubleshooting etc