[Custom component] AsusRouter integration

You can determine by the Link_rate , for both/either USB ports ( or just “State” of same )

@SuperMaximus, do you mean whether the USB modem started providing an internet connection after the primary WAN failed? Or something else? Please, give an example of how / when you would like to use it, so it would be easier for me to help

Yes, absolutely.
I need to send a HA notification when failover triggers and the USB modem from Secondary WAN becomes an active internet provider (turns from Cold Standby to “Connected”)

Ok, I see. I will check what would be the best way for this

Thanks for this awesome integration. Have been using it for a month or so and it is much better than the default integration, both in terms of stability and feature set.
I have given my vote for this to become part of HA core.

Just wondering if anyone is getting this behaviour where this integration picks up devices and entities from other integrations. See screenshots below. I had the same issue with the default ASUS integration as well. Not sure what this would point to.
To be clear, this doesn’t create any errors but just weird to see the UI like this.

When filtering devices by ASUSROUTER integration:

Showing one of those devices in its own integration. Tasmota in this case also shows that it belongs to AssRouter

Any tips to point me in the right direction would be much appreciated!

Hello, @raphc,

This is the default Home Assistant behaviour and does not depend on AsusRouter.

AsusRouter creates device_tracker entities for all the connected devices. When the MAC address of the connected device is known to HA (such a device exists in another integration), the device tracker is automatically attached to a device and it starts showing in both integrations.

Hi @Vaskivskyi ,
Thanks for the quick answer. Makes a lot of sense.
Will disable those device trackers

0.21.0 :key: Network discovery

2023-02-22

:octopus: GitHub change log ←

:rocket: Features

• Added network discovery
    Untitled-1
  • Added detailed title for network discovery

:bug: Bug fixes

• Fixed bug with port forwarding settings, when some of the parameters are not provided (report #538)
  • Fixed bug in parental control service (report #C479)

:boom: Breaking

• This release is removing direct migration from versions before 0.17.0. If you are still on an older version, please firstly update to any between 0.17.0 and 0.20.0 and only after that update to 0.21.0. The migration guidline for different versions is updated in the documentation

:books: Documentation

• Updated supported devices

:package: Dependencies

• Bumped asusrouter library to 0.20.2

:hammer: Other changes

• Removed name step from the configuration flow

:coffee: Support AsusRouter

Monetary support:

• You can make a donation using the Buy Me a Coffee service
  • Thinking of buying a new Asus router to use with AsusRouter integration? Check the compatibility list in our Docs. If you will use any of the Amazon Associate links, I might get a small (1-3%) bonus from Amazon (usage of the associate links does not change the price of the items for you)

Non-monetary support:

• Star AsusRouter repository
  • Know a person with an Asus device using Home Assistant but not AsusRouter? Let them know, AsusRouter is cool and has lots of useful features

:open_book: Our progress on the way to HA Core

We have already received 99 votes. Add your one. More votes we get, the more chance that HA developers will notice it and give a review to the PR in the HA Core repository, which is required to add AsusRouter into Core.

After this install (0.21.0) the discovery keeps finding the router after HA restart.
Even when you finished the first discovery and everything was all set

@poudenes,

Just to check. You did not have the device set up in HA. It was discovered, you set it up from discovery, but on HA reboot it shows again. Does it show the same IP address as the one being set up?

Asus Router (192.168.100.1) was already in integration.
After I updated to new version I got a discovery message about new device “Asus” on IP: 192.168.100.1

I added this device. Then I had 2 Asus routers in Integration.
I deleted both and restarted HA. Then got discovery again for my Asus (192.168.100.1) (sounds good, because there was none in integration)

After I did the setup and restarted HA again I got again the Discovery message that there was a Asus (192.168.100.1) discovered

Same here. Discovery message on restart even though it is already added.

@poudenes, @somar, please provide the model and FW version of your devices. Thanks!

GT-AX11000 - GT-AX11000_388.1_0_ubi.w

https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/download

Same here ZenWiFi AX (XT8) 3.0.0.4.388_22525-gd35b8fe

Main router: RT-AC86U Current Version : 386.9 (Asuswrt-Merlin)
AiMesh node: RT-AC66U B1 Current Version : 3.0.0.4.386_49703-gc2cdfc8

I have the exact same router AiMesh: RT-AC66U B1 except that I have the original firmware on the main router RT-AC68U fw 3.0.0.4.386_49703 and I don’t have this problem.
Could this be a clue?

Weird.

With my RT-AX88U and 388.1, everything is fine. Ok. I’ll try to find the reason

:hammer_and_wrench:

Just because, i couldn’t wait any longer :grin: … so i installed it now, and restarted … nothing ! , then i rebooted host as-well … nothing

Latest homeassistant os Ver.

AsusR
[3.0.0.4.388_21732]

RT-AX68U

But if you already had this device set up with AsusRouter integration, it should not be discovered again :slightly_smiling_face: That’s the point, but it somewhy is not working in all the cases