Custom component: EdgeOS

Store data was removed, instead introduced API for the component, mainly to reduce the IO.

Documentation available in the README over GitHub.

I should remove it from configuration.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback, documentation contains that information - both README and announcement post for v2 (few post above),
If you have better way to describe it,please feel free to suggest what should I add and where

Thanks

This integration is over the API not SNMP, to extract SNMP data there is a dedicated integration for it.

If you gind a way to extract it from API or WS, please let me know and I’ll add it

Thanks

I use SNMP for monitoring the usage of the ports, both physical and virtual ones.
Then I use the integration for the rest, since not everything is available in SMNP.

Its a good integration and thanks for that. :slight_smile:
I wonder if it works for my EdgeSwitches too. :smiley:

If the device runs EdgeOS it should provide all that information and actions

I have an EdgeSwitch 10X and I am not sure it is EdgeOS.
The web interface is pretty different and simple.
I can not create any extra users in the web interface, but I know I can in the SSH interface.
The SSH interface looks almost like IOS on my Cisco switches and I actually thought I had typed the wrong IP in due to the similarity.

I just need some basic info from the switches and SMNP can handle that, so I think I will avoid messing up the configuration by trying to get the integration to run on hardware that might not be compatible. :slight_smile:

Ok, I think I got the data you needed. How should I get it to you?

Also, just a suggestion, for the API portion of the README, it may help future users with some quick examples of how to use the API calls (curl examples, etc.). Took me a while to figure it out (my issue definitely, but a couple of quick examples may have made it easier.)

Thanks in advance.

Will add postman project

You can upload the file and pm the link

I only saw your request for a debug log just now, and now it of course works. One of the later updates must have fixed the issue, all is well not. Thanks!

So how can I now make switch in HA to turn off PoE port? (I need it to reset AP)

Currently the integration does not support switching on / off POE port,
To do that, I will need examples (based on developer tools) of request/ response for that kind of operation, once you will provide it, I will add it to integration.

Thanks

Huh, I do not have idea how to handle that :frowning:
I just know that having switches to do that will be very useful. And this will also allow to add them into automations…

Looks like Requirements needs to be updated?
From ha-edgeos/CHANGELOG.md at fbf2f1cafcc76b920982eb29b59e3f8b93daa41a · elad-bar/ha-edgeos · GitHub

v1.1.4

• Prevent the component to get installed or run with EdgeOS Firmware v1

Not sure I follow, what requirements?

Requirements at the top of this page under Description and How to?

You probably didn’t look at the right place, the content uou have posted is from the change log which hold each version of the component a d its set of changes,
The readme which is the description is updated for more than a year

The readme is updated but my remark is regarding this page where I first landed when searching for something like EdgeOS and since it does say “Requirements EdgeRouter with version 1.10 at least” I did not read the readme until installation did fail.

I’m not controling the internet (yet :slight_smile: ), can’t update all links everytime i’m releasing version, there is a common practice in which you are getting to a link you are checking the details before download and install,
When installing from hacs, the details are from the readme,
If you didn’t use hacs, it is recommended to read the instructions from readme rather install and then try to understand why it’s not working.

I do use hacs and hindsight is the only exact science i.e. I should have … :wink:
Who is the owner of hXXps://community.home-assistant.io/t/custom-component-edgeos/97281?
It might be useful for others if this page is updated.