Custom Component - ESXi Stats

Hi Is it possible to read and graph the temp sensors. I have 2 DL 380 g6 servers but temp is crucial because of the place where there are. Like to monitoring this and when temp is to high start fan to get warm air out. regards, Tim

This sounds more like a job for the SNMP integration than ESXi.

I use the ILO platform for that

hiā€¦ is there a kind person that could help me with button_card, i have been using the decluttering-card for a while without any problem, but canā€™t seem to get the button-card working, I have been using the yaml from the sample, but I only get this.

Hello,
What is the current best method for installation on hassio with docker? It doesnā€™t appear on the integrations tab and it sounds like setup has been disabled for configuration.yaml. Thanks!

To get it to show up in hassio.

1. Download files from https://github.com/wxt9861/esxi_stats/archive/master.zip
  2. unzip files
  3. Copy files to your home assistant configuration directory (alongside configuration.yaml)

In the hassio configuration directory it should be in the folder ā€œcustom_componentsā€. Within that folder
the python files (files you downloaded) should be in the folder ā€œesxi_statsā€.

1. Restart hassio and youā€™ll get a log message that esxi_stats is not an officially supported package. You can then add it through the integrations menu.

I am using the custom ESXi component and it works quite well. Thx for the development effort.

I am using the sensors that come default for each of the VMs . Using an entity card I am placing the VMs one by one as you can see below.

When you click on a particular VM it pops up windows on the right that shows some information about the machine.

What I could like to know is how to customize the entities to show something other than [running State] as the status while retaining the ability to click on the VM and get all that info in the popup.

I know how to customize sensors using templates, but when I do that I loose the popup with all the info.

{%- if (states.sensor.esxi_vm_pfsense01.attributes.status) == "green" -%} OK {%- else -%} Warning {%- endif -%}

The above makes it say OK but I loose the popup.

I think Iā€™ve figured this out and will post here for other.

It turns out that ā€œunit_of_measurementā€ is the attribute I wanted to change. It can be done by customizing the sensors like this.

sensor.esxi_vm_pfsense01:
  unit_of_measurement: ""
sensor.esxi_vm_netfs01:
  unit_of_measurement: ""

By making the unit_of_measurement and empty string, it will only display [ running ]

1 Like

since updating to 107.0 i receive now error below :

is this known?

2020-03-18 19:04:43 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry 192.168.0.13 for esxi_stats
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 216, in async_setup
    hass, self
  File "/config/custom_components/esxi_stats/__init__.py", line 102, in async_setup_entry
    config[DOMAIN]["monitored_conditions"] = []
TypeError: 'mappingproxy' object does not support item assignment

Fix also available

Yeah, I saw it too

Need to wait for HACS update :wink:

Thnx for info

The beta version works :wink:

I created a ticket, because the newest logging features of home assistant told me to do that:)
https://github.com/wxt9861/esxi_stats/issues/29

Oh, that look really nice! Can you please share the config for this?

same issue here with 109.0 , log flooded with those I/O errors :slight_smile:

Same here.

Do you need a minimum of ā€œEssentialsā€ licence to unlock for these service calls to control the power? And this is not available on the free licence?

Thanks in advance.

Just for curiosity I checked my logā€¦ :open_mouth: over 5000 entries per hour!

Just put them in the ignore list

Not that I am aware of. I am using the free ESXi license.