Custom Component: Flightradar24

Is it possible to use a device location ie phone instead of the fixed coordinates?

Hi @AlexandrErohin, my apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I didnā€™t get the message notification.

Yes! The tracking scheduled flight feature has been working great! Thatā€™s exactly what I was looking for and it has been working well. Thank-you for adding this great feature!

1 Like

I tried something similar recently. I was able to keep tabs on flights while on a long layover, which was a lifesaver for planning my next move. Having a system that shows all flights in the area and lets you track specific ones is incredibly handy. If youā€™re looking for a sweet deal on a flight, you might want to keep an eye out for some discount business class ticket. They really can make a huge difference on longer trips.

1 Like

@AlexandrErohin , can you give me a helping hand ?
IĀ“m able to see the map, but it shows de flight number and not the call sign!
what IĀ“m doing wrong ?!

"type: vertical-stack
title: Radar
cards:

@praharj2020
The map shows aircraft registration number
You should add registration number to table

card:
      type: markdown
      content: >-
        {% set data = state_attr('sensor.flightradar24_current_in_area',
        'flights') %} {% for flight in data %}
          <ha-icon icon="mdi:airplane"></ha-icon>{{ flight.flight_number }}({{ flight.aircraft_registration }}) - {{ flight.airline_short }} - {{ flight.aircraft_model }}

Hi. Started playing with this a day ago and I am seeing None, Blocked texts when notification is coming in. Is there a rate limit for non subscription account??

I think it is not possible, but I could be wrong. I have a Flightradar subscription, but I login with my Google account. Is there a way to use that subscription without having a flightradar login?

Could you make screenshots of None, blocked texts?

It works only with flightradar login or without subscription

10 mins after I posted, it went back to normal. Once in awhile I would see it. I am using this userā€™s block code.

The plane you hear now is from {{ trigger.event.data.airline }}({{ trigger.event.data.callsign }}). It comes from {{ trigger.event.data.airport_origin_city }} in {{ trigger.event.data.airport_origin_country_name }} and is on its way to {{ trigger.event.data.airport_destination_city }}.

@duceduc What is Scan interval for updates you have set? Do you have an airport in your area?

It is a default of 10 sec. The airport is about 1hr away.

I wish to monitor 2 locations. To do this, I will need to create another device, set the lat, long, and rename the device as well as all the entities since it will auto created by default flighttrader24?

Since I have an automation for the _entry, I will now receive notifications from both the devices correct?? To distinguish which location the notification is sending, I need to use trigger.event.data.tracked_by_device in my message text???

Your area from fr24 includes the airport?

If you have an automation for event - yes, you will get them from both. To determine the device - you have to use trigger.event.data.tracked_by_device

no, itā€™s not close by, but the area I am is used for landing pattern in the late afternoons.

It may be private, military or services airplane - they dont have some info like destination, departure and event number

Has anyone worked out a way to hide the annoying Google Play and Apple Store logos that appear on the live map?

https://www.flightradar24.com/static/images/apps/google_play.svg
https://www.flightradar24.com/static/images/apps/app_store.svg

Somebody did but I cannot find the instructions again on how to do so. I know it included creating a new HTML file like below that I named FR-New.html and saved in /homeassistant/www/FR-New.html. Unfortunately, I donā€™t know where I found the instructions on what to do specifically. I will keep looking.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>FlightRadar</title>
    <style>
        html, body {
            margin: 0;
            padding: 0;
            height: 100%;
            overflow: hidden; /* Prevent scrolling in the body */
        }
        .iframe-container {
            position: relative;
            width: 100%;
            height: 500px; /* Adjust the height as needed */
            overflow: hidden; /* Ensure no scrollbars appear */
        }
        .iframe-container iframe {
            position: absolute;
            top: 0px; /* Adjust the top position to crop the top part */
            left: 0;
            width: 100%;
            height: 700px; /* Adjust this height to ensure the bottom part is also cropped */
            border: none;
        }
    </style>
</head>
<body>
    <div class="iframe-container">
        <iframe src="https://www.flightradar24.com/simple?lat=xx.xxxx&lon=-xx.xx&z=11&label1=reg&size=large"></iframe>
    </div>
</body>
</html>
1 Like

Thanks for the tip, I found it by scrolling up! :rofl:

1 Like