Custom component for connect Home Assistant with Uponor Smatrix Wave PLUS R167

Uhome Uponor

Uhome Uponor is a python custom_component for connect Home Assistant with Uponor Smatrix Wave PLUS Smart Home Gateway, R-167 aka Uhome.

The module uses units REST API for discovery of controllers and thermostats.

Usage

Copy content of custom_components directory in your HA custom_components directory and change configuration.yaml:

climate:
- platform: uhomeuponor
  prefix: [your prefix name]        [prefix name for climate and sensor components, is optional tag]
  host: 192.168.x.x

sensor:
  prefix: [your prefix name]        [prefix name for climate and sensor components, is optional tag]

Currently module create one sensor and one climate for each thermostat.

Adding support for setting modes and preset values is on TODO list.

Thanks to @zima for API code

Thanks for the upload!

After trying to implement it i am having some troubles. First i tried to do exactly as your instructions. But then configuration files is not approved because it cannot find climate uhomeuponor. Then I remove the climate from configuration file and then it is approved. I was hoping to find the sensors after restart of the HA server. But no sensors are shown. In log file Home assistant gives me only warning that uhomeuponor sensors are not tested by home assistant. Ip adress I use is correct. In my uponor control panel I have one room existing. But still it does not show up as a sensor in Home assistant. Do you have any idea what my problem might be?

I use hassbian, which distro you use?
Sure you have climate.py in folder “[your config folder]/custom_components/uhomeuponor”?
You can try to obtain more info, try first to validate your configuration.yaml if you have an error it is important to solved first.
Other cuestion is component have one dependence of “requests” it is possible you have an issue for use it. Sometimes these dependencies are updated by restarting.
I oftain more info with restart of homeassitant and trace log like this:

pi@hassbian:~ $ sudo systemctl restart [email protected]
pi@hassbian:~ $ halog -n 500 |grep uhomeuponor
sep 04 08:27:17 hassbian hass[25274]: 2019-09-04 08:27:17 INFO (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] Loaded uhomeuponor from custom_components.uhomeuponor
sep 04 08:27:19 hassbian hass[25274]: 2019-09-04 08:27:19 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for uhomeuponor which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
sep 04 08:27:21 hassbian hass[25274]: 2019-09-04 08:27:21 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Setting up climate.uhomeuponor
sep 04 08:27:29 hassbian hass[25274]: 2019-09-04 08:27:29 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setting up sensor.uhomeuponor
sep 04 08:27:30 hassbian hass[25274]: 2019-09-04 08:27:30 INFO (SyncWorker_6) [custom_components.uhomeuponor.climate] finish setup platform climate Uhome Uponor
sep 04 08:27:31 hassbian hass[25274]: 2019-09-04 08:27:31 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Setup of platform uhomeuponor is taking over 10 seconds.
sep 04 08:27:39 hassbian hass[25274]: 2019-09-04 08:27:39 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setup of platform uhomeuponor is taking over 10 seconds.
sep 04 08:27:44 hassbian hass[25274]: 2019-09-04 08:27:44 INFO (SyncWorker_14) [custom_components.uhomeuponor.sensor] finish setup platform sensor Uhome Uponor

Hi,

Will it work with x-265?

https://www.uponor.dk/vvs/catalogue/gulvvarme-og-kolling/rum-og-temperaturkontrol/uponor-smatrix-wave--style?um=0

Regards Mads

I think NO, you sure need a gateway connected to your router

https://www.uponor.dk/vvs/catalogue/gulvvarme-og-kolling/rum-og-temperaturkontrol/uponor-smatrix-wave--style/uponor-smatrix-wave-u@home-modul-gateway

then you have a server of REST API and you can connect to it.

when I navigate to my u@home-modul-gateway host IP I can see a web page to control my thermostats.

I think you don´t have it.

try and posted it

Hi,

Gateway has changed,

https://www.uponor.dk/vvs/catalogue/gulvvarme-og-kolling/rum-og-temperaturkontrol/uponor-smatrix-wave--style/uponor-smatrix-kommunikationsmodul-pulse-pulse-com-r208

I will try, when i recive it - and post result after.

Best Regards

Mads

1 Like

ok, i dont know gateway has changed.

if gateway use same REST API it is posible work for you

post results after you receive it

thnks

It might be my fault. I was looking for a sensor that had the name uponor or something. But I see now I have a sensor called sensor.[room name]. So Sensor part is working. I will soon try the climate part again and see if I can get it to work. If not I will show you the logs.

Thanks for all your help and great support and a great work with this custom component!

Yes, sensor called sensor.[room_name] if you dont have prefix, you can rename like this sensor.[prefix][room_name] you can use a prefix: uponor for example to order your sensors and climates.

I think climate part work for you because the code is similar.

I very much appreciate your comments, thnks

Did you try the new r-208 gateway?

I have a little issue with this component, the state is always cool and only got hvac_modes cool and heat, but heat never works :frowning: (i am using R167)

I am also interested if R-208 gateway works, any update?

Today i added support for modes and preset values.

replace all files of /custom_components/uhomeuponor in your homeassistant

please report if work fine, thnks

I dont have this gateway and i cant try it, if R-208 gateway use same REST API it is posible work for you

post results if work for you

One tip:

If you have lovelace you can create a history-graph to see thermostat temperatures throughout the day.

entities:
  - entity: sensor.uhome_1
  - entity: sensor.uhome_2
  - entity: sensor.uhome_3
type: history-graph

Thank you very much for the update, now it shows the status when heating or off, unfortunately the preset values can not be changed, it stays on comfort, if i change it to home preset it just comes back to comfort. Also in operations it shows heat and cool, i don’t really have cool as it is floor heating only, and if i change to cool it just reverts to heat

But at least it shows when is heating and when is off. Major progress for me.

Thank you also for the tip regarding sensors.

For change preset values you have new General/Holiday Thermostat try to find it

You can change between Comfort/ECO (I’m still doing tests of Holiday/away modes) but it should work

Any news about Smartix Pulse?

I have tried this,

climate:

sensor:

But i can´t see it in Home assistant, it don´t discover the sensor.

Try first in your local net navigate to “http://192.168.1.248” you may see something like this:

If you see, try to read log typing “halog” in console

Or type “halog | grep uhome” and restart homeassitant to see possible errors.

reply with your results.

Thnks

Hi
Got it working! Thanks a bunch for this!
Would it be possible to add a Humidity value readout? It should be available according to https://community.openhab.org/t/uponor-smatrix-binding-request/22220/16 with ID 26 (whatever that exactly means :stuck_out_tongue: )
Again: Thanks a bunch! Really appreciate it! (Was going to try a REST sensor for the same but didn’t get there as your component works :ok_hand:

Hi,
Now I upload version with one humidity sensor for each room.
I can not test it, because i don’t have humidity sensor in my thermostat.
Can you test it and report your issues.

luck in your results