Custom Component: Generic SunSpec modbus TCP monitoring (inverter, meter etc)

Hi, very promising plugin, congratulations.

I just started but at the beginning I do have 2 questions:

1. It looks like my data are not always correct
    Maybe I read it wrong but I am pretty sure that I do not have 11.6 kW and so very stable.
    Should I change something?

2. Is there a possibility to write data?

Thanks, the integration is pretty much complete, there seem to be some issues with scaling factor in the pySunSpec2 library that this integration utilizes but other than it should be OK.
Ideas for new features are always welcome :slight_smile:

Hello and thank you!

That data doesnā€™t look quite right, does other sensors look OK?
It could be a scaling factor issue, what inverter model do you have?

No wrting is currently supported, i could have a look at that if thereā€™s a need for it, do you have an example of a value you would like to be able to change?

It would be nice to get total increasing values out of measurement sensors by using the Riemann integral, so that they can be used for the energy dashboard.
Example: Setup E3DC PV Inverter in new Energy Management (HA 2021.8)

Some sensors are ok (Vref, Inverter Hz, Phase Voltageā€¦) some definitelly not (VAMax, WMax, Inverter Amps, /Pase x). Looks like ok are those which are universal.

This is Fronius Symo 8.2. In regosters as IG+ 150V. What is for me strange but this same is when checking manually due to Fronius instructions and moreover in their instructions example IG+ 150V exist as well.
May be helpful - Basic Settings and Nameplate sets looks similar.

About writing - I found this project when looking for a solution of putting data from a smart-meter (other than Fronius) to the Inverter. So I would like to have the possibility to write data as energy consumption, from grid, to gridā€¦

Seems like this stopped working after HA updated to 2021.11. When I try to add a device it shows all the sunspec models. When I click on the dropdown, I can select the models I want to support but it doesnā€™t work. Seems like a problem with the dropdown.

I downgraded to HA core 2021.10.7 and added the Sunspec device. After this I upgraded back to HA core 2021.11.4.

Thanks, Iā€™ll take a look at this ASAP!
To increase the chance of me seeing bug reports itā€™s good to create an issue at the Github repo:

I will, thanks for this great Sunspec integration!

1 Like

I am trying to use ā€œDC Energy Injectedā€ and ā€œDC Energy Absorbedā€ from Sunspec model 714 (DER DC Measurement) for the Energy monitor but when I add my device those entities are not being added to HA. I started looking at the code of this integration and also the Sunspec model_714.json file. Sunspec model_714.json file does not include a ā€œunitsā€ value for any of its values and that seems to be the problem. I tried to find the model_714.json file to edit it manually but I could not find it. Anybody knows if this can be done? Thanks again

It looks like the SunSpec folks have missed to add units to the model specification file. This file (model_714.json) is used by the pySunSpec2 library which my integration relies on.
I have created an issue with them to get this fixed, you can upvote it here:

Thanks again. Do you know if the file can be modified locally in the mean time?

I was able to modify the model_714.json file. I found it somewhere in /mnt/data/docker/overlay2 by running the command: find /mnt/data/docker -name model_714.json. Now the entities in 714 are added correctly.

1 Like

I posted in the wrong Thread ! Edit went here Custom Component: ABB/Power-One/FIMER PV Inverters - SunSpec Modbus TCP - #98 by BinGraiban

The missing units for model 714 has been added in the latest version :slight_smile:

1 Like

I upgraded it and works fine, thank you! It has been working great for weeks. My HA energy panel looks great. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi there, I just started with HA so my knowledge about the structure isnā€™t very deep yet. I tested the sunspec integration to access my Elgris 3 phase smartmeter wich supports sunspec (and many other protocols).

All (around 50) entities appear, but most of them with wrong scale ( frequency 500000hz, current, voltageā€¦ Most of them 10e4 or 10e6 too large in scale. Watts are ok for example. Any ideas where I have to look to get this fixed? Iā€™m running the HA core image on a RPI and installed the sunspec integration via Hacs.
Thanks, Benjamin

1 Like

Hello @TWM
Welcome to HA :slight_smile:
This sounds like a scaling factor problem, itā€™s possible that their implementation is not 100% correct.
Try to open an issue at https://github.com/sunspec/pysunspec2/issues , this is the library that this integration uses and the problem is either in that library or in the smart meter firmware.
Regards,
Johan

CJNE,

I have an APSystems with 5 inverters which are reporting via Zigbee to a ECU with Sunspec enabled. Looking to your integration and default settings I see one inverter, but no values. I assigned each inverter an unique address 1-5. How Iā€™m able to add the other ones and start testing the integration in HA? Looking forward to get it work :wink:

Hello @ahof
Iā€™m not familiar with APSystems, 5 inverters sounds impressive though, you must have a lot of solar power there :slight_smile:

If each inverter has itā€™s own address assigned then you should be able to add them each separately (add the integration 5 times) using their respective address as slave id perhaps?

Is there any documentation available for the ECU? I could take a look if donā€™t work.