Custom Component - HP Printer

+1

I’m in the same position, having just installed the integration. I works really well (many thanks) but it would be great if the paper level could be included please. If you’re still maintaining the integration…

Paper level is indicated on the printer’s (HP Smart Tank 7000) web dash.

Just wanted to also mention that sensors for the black and tri-colour printheads are also shown, but incorrectly identified as 'Inkcartridges Black and ‘Inkcartridge CyanMagentaYellow’. They’re both showing as 20%. I’ve no idea what this % represents. Wear level? The printer is only 6 months old.

Thank you.

same question here. any idea how to do this?

Yesterday I manage to get the entire mapping of all data points for HP printers, hope that in the upcoming 2 weeks i will be able to release v2 of the component using that approach.

Once it will be available, it will provide an easy way to onboard such feature, including sending request to print test, calibration, restart, print document, scan page, etc. will be available as I mapped them as well.

Users of that integration also are asking for features I cannot implement mostly because I don’t have their model of printer, it will be address by provide an easy way to share the printer dump and assist me to set the additional functionality

3 Likes

Nice integration, just one minor gripe. Would it be possible if these files were located in a organised folder instead of being dumped in the root ha config folder? Thanks

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 13.43.47

1 Like

I don’t see such files in my root folder!

You can delete them, in v2 (WIP) it will be removed and be available through diagnostic

2 Likes

is there a way to get the printer off ?

can’t wait for the release, that is a game changer! :slight_smile:

Not progress to much but working on it in between

1 Like

Hi all,

Over the last 2 weeks I started working on v2,
It was challnging, especially when HA is not nativly supporting the level of SSL security HP Printer demands,
below is description of what’s new, screenshots and plans.

Description

• v2 is leveraging the HP Printer EWS (Embedded Web Server) to the maximum,
    It extracts all endpoints from the printer, not just to get details but also allows to perform actions.
  • Integration is working with nontraditional connection pool of HTTP of HA to allow working with more strict SSL protocol that new version of HP Printer demand (for those of you who are struggling with SSL errors while integrating).
  • Managing entities became easier - it will be much easier to suggest and add new entities, all by JSON configuration file.
  • Diagnostic component allows to extract all HP Printer data on top of what is being generated within HA components, that’s the place where you will find the additional entities you will suggest to add.
  • Device structure is built according to get the maximum also from HA, Main unit holds – Printer, Scanner, Copy, Fax.
    Consumables are sub devices of the Printer.
  • Currently added entities are for read only, thought it would be better to just provide the entities that were already supported and add them later.

Plans
Currently the integration is running in my testing environment,
before releasing beta version - next topics should be handled:

• Translations – currently working with hard-coded English names, need to map it to strings.json
  • Documentation – modify the current documentation and describe steps to add new entities.

Plan is to get to release in 2 weeks.

Screenshots
Integration page
integration

Devices of integration
Devices associated with integration

Main device
main device

Copy
copy

Fax

fax

Printer

Ink
ink

Scanner

6 Likes

great, can’t wait to test it :slight_smile:

Bit overloaded, release is almost ready just want to complete testing

2 Likes

v2.0.0b2 released

please use it only if you would like to test and report issues,
it’s working but not fully bullet proof.

Known issues for now:

• Translations for entities are not working, names will appear in english with _ instead of space char
  • Diagnostic file is not providing details about HA devices and entities, just diagnostic debug details about the HP printer device.
1 Like

I would test it, but its not available via HACS (beta releases are enabled).

sh*** my fault. It is available. sorry for that and thanks for your work :slight_smile:

Is there a possibility to put the printer off ?

What do you mean?

The only thing I want from my printer is to check the ink ( that was already ok) and the possibility to use a switch to get the printer off

Hi. I have two printers HP LaserJet M401dne and HP Color LaserJet Pro M477fdw. I move to beta intergration 2.0b2 and now my prionters no working. On version 1 stable works with no problem. Whre is an issue ?When try add again i get error no support API.

Seems thaht prefetch api is not available, trying to understand why…
If you can provide har file or screenshot of network from developer tools in your browser when accessing the web server of the printer it can assist a lot,
Since it works with v1 of integration i expect to see there at least the endpoints v1 is using, v2 is using prefetch endpoint before to get list of all xml configurations (that 3 of them are being used in v1).

Thanks