Custom Component: Hubitat

This migration process has really made me love Zigbee. So much easier to deal with (at least for me).

1 Like

Same here. I decided to switch over to the Conbee2 for zigbee over the holiday. The Nortek stick simply didn’t work right with a couple of decices, so I bit the bullet and moved my devices over. As part of my migration, I finally got rid of all my zwave devices and I’m now ALL ZIGBEE. Very happy with the Conbee2 so far.

3 Likes

I would love to be all Zigbee, but I haven’t seen any great looking zigbee replacements for my Aeotec Nanos.

2 Likes

I don’t use them, but have you checked out these?

No clue if they work on HA, as I’m just starting to consider embarking on this endeavour.

Personally I’m looking for a Zigbee 12V powered triple relay to replace my Zooz Zen16 and then I’d go all Zigbee. Unfortunately that is a hard beast to find. If anyone knows of something let me know. (they must be low voltage 12VAC as I use them ‘in-line’ for landscape lighting)

Thanks for the integration work @jason0x43. If/when I take this step it will make the process that much easier.

I’ve looked at those (and some other similar ones), but I haven’t tried one yet. I’m not super excited by the the idea of rewiring all of my switches, so we’ll see if the zwave mesh stabilizes. I just moved my hub to a better location and completely rebuilt the mesh, and it’s behaving much better now. I’m going to let it stew overnight before adding the next batch of devices.

This plugin was the reason to switch over to Home Assistant, it works really well - thank you!
I’ve been quite lazy to move my Zigbee and Z-Wave devices over to HA, should probably do that at some point.

Do we know if this plugin is affected by Security Bulletin

Not as far as I’m aware. At least, it works with the latest release (2021.1.4).

1 Like

New year, new organization. I converted all my Node Red flows to native automations (I’ve come full circle from native -> AppDaemon -> Node Red -> native :grin:). It was much easier than I expected (now that I finally have a good grasp of triggers and templating). With helper entities, templates, and scripts, the built in automation system is really quite powerful.

5 Likes

Same here. Started with native, went to NR and now back to native. I would have moved back to native earlier but there seemed to be too much changing especially with templating and I didn’t want to have to keep editing my scripts/autos. Once they released Blueprints, I figured it was stable enough and no more significant/breaking changes were coming, so I migrated my flows. It was easier than I expected and my NR addon has been powered down for a few weeks now. Very happy to not have to rely on another system…but also glad it’s still there should I need it in the future.

3 Likes

You two will NEVER move me away from my beloved NodeRed!!! NEVERrrrrrr!!! :wink: LOL

I actually have about half of my automations in native and half in NodeRed. Eventually I’ll pick a platform and stick with it.

2 Likes

Just posting that there’s ANOTHER integration in development in the Hubitat forums. This one is still very much a work in progress but uses websockets so no “app” needed on either end. The communication is bi-directional but is really designed to bring HA devices into Hubitat. Just thought I’d post for those interested.

Please post questions in the HE forums so this thread isn’t hijacked.

1 Like

@jason0x43,

Let me start by saying I am very new to HA so please forgive me if I’m being a complete noob here. I’m trying to add the repository and Im not having any luck.

I tried this- jason0x43/hacs-hubitat and got this error

expected a URL @ data[‘addons_repositories’][1]. Got 'jason0x43/hacs-hubitat

I also tried this - https://github.com/jason0x43/hacs-hubitat
and got this error
Invalid Add-on repository!

Any suggestions? Thanks

I cannot figure out how to call other methods exposed by the Hubitat devices like Refresh, Configure, etc. I have a Kwikset zwave lock (yeah, I know…) that needs a “Refresh” to get the status, and can’t figure out how I’d do this in an automation on HA.

(Aside: This component is fantastic! I had blown off HA since I was more-or-less happy with my Hubitat and didn’t want to redo all my zwave devices with a move to HA, but now I’m 100% on HA with Hubitat just being my zwave controller. :slight_smile:)

Hmmm…I’m not sure why adding the repository manually isn’t working, but on a positive note, you shouldn’t need to. The Hubitat integration is in HACS’s default set, so it should already be in the available integrations list.

There isn’t currently a way to send arbitrary Hubitat-specific commands. However, it shouldn’t be too hard to add a general “send_command” service for Hubitat devices.

I opened an issue for that.

1 Like

I can’t find this in the configuration/intgrations. I click the ‘+’ and search, but it doesn’t show up.

Hmmm… It’s definitely in HACS’s list of default repos, but I don’t see it in the list, either. I updated the project manifest with a version field, in case that’s causing issues. Otherwise I’ll have to dig into it a bit more to see what’s going on.

1 Like

Do I need to add that repository? And if so what is the correct thing to add?

yea i just transferred to OS on a pi and I deleted it and can’t find it anymore. Damn spent so much time trying to figure it out before checking here XD

Cool project but I have to scratch my head as to why someone would do this. I understand the basic context, take advantage of HA’s integrations for things not supported on HE. But if someone is going to spend the time to spin up an instance of HA on separate hardware, I can’t grasp why they wouldn’t also take advantage of the better dashboards and the speed increase they can get by offloading the automations off of the HE hub. Not to mention no longer dealing with hub reboots and slow downs.

Simply my opinion here, but using this custom component to bring HE to devices to HA makes the perfect home automation system.

1 Like