Custom Component: Hubitat

That does look like a F/C issue – 21.27F is -5.96C, and 23.05F is -4.97C.

If you open up the integration options, what does it show for Temperature units?

If you set it to C when initializing the integration, but the options show F, it means the integration isn’t handling the initial units properly.

1 Like

Indeed! You’re absolutely right. Fixed.

Sigh … all that conversion math backwards. :rofl:

how are you integrating RTI? I have some stuff installed in my house and have been thinking about how to integrate / re-issue it.

With MQTT.

nice ok! Have to sort that myself. was hoping to repurpose all my in-wall screens for HA control vs RTI

RTI screens are proprietary and only talk RTI processors. Do you have a dealer/programmer you work with? Or are you hoping to try and get access to this system? RTI is not a DIY system. (I’m sure you know this, just re-iterating it)

yeah I’m aware. I have a dealer and actually have the app to program the devices … waiting on an update to my network gear to get the rest online (switch failed) and then will see what I can do from there … amazon is a few weeks out on that shipment thanks to things in the world.

bummer. Now is not the time for failed gear when shipping is delayed. I’ve got stuff on order that’s delayed as well…

think my suggested date is like April 22. Feels like a year away at the current daily pace of life.

1 Like

OH DANG… that is terrible!

2 Likes

Thread has gone quiet… Interesting phenom watching between this component and the Node-RED integration for Hubitat it would seem lots of people are moving the logic off of HE.

1 Like

Now that the integration is mostly working, there hasn’t been as much to say. :slight_smile:

Oh, I did release v0.4.16 a few days ago, which contains a minor bug fix related to devices that are disabled in HA.

2 Likes

Moving BACK to HE for automation logic? I’d be very surprised.

what’s the easiest way to push devices not syncing from hubitat to home assistant? I have two switches I can see in hubitat that just will not sync over … I can see they are checked in the makerAPI. restarted it all, pushed update in entities / integration. no dice.

Huh? No no… lots of people moving AWAY from HE for the logic. Lots are moving to this component and HASS for the automations or moving to Node-RED for the automation logic and dashboards…

I’m just curious if people are seeing large performance gains and less frequent HE slow downs, lock ups, DB corruption etc.

Restarting HA resyncs devices. Enable debug logging for homeassistant.custom_components.hubitat and hubitatmaker, restart HA, and see what the log shows. You should see the integration loading the state of every device.

If some are missing, try hitting the Maker API endpoint directly, like with

curl 'http://10.0.1.99/apps/api/2241/devices?access_token=abc123-12345-ab12345'

and make sure the devices are in that list.

My experience, yes. As purely a radio, the hub seems to work great.

1 Like

So far that’s been my experience too with the integrations I’ve done with it and other platforms. However I want to see what others experiences are showing.

1 Like

I really thought I’d be doing a lot of HA work throughout this but doing real work from my office has made me want to take a break from it when it’s quittin’ time. But as @jason0x43 said, I think it’s gone quiet because it’s pretty darn solid. All of my desired devices work perfectly. I’ve had a couple of HE hiccups, but that’s really par for the course with HE until they catch their ghosts.

All that’s left is getting this baby as an official integration… That’d be nice to see roll across the blog post one Wednesday afternoon!

2 Likes