Custom Component: Hubitat

Hi Jason;

Awesome work by the way.

I have a HA instance on docker and when the bridge is registering on Hubitat it is configuring for POST the Internal docker IP (which is not a problem since I can go there and set manually) but always with a different port. Is it possible to put the port permanent so I can create a por mapping on docker? Without that I wont be able to update changes if those are done on Hubitat side.

Thnaks

In the integration options, set the “Event server port” value. You can also set the URL that Hubitat should use for POSTing (“Event server URL”), assuming that shouldn’t be the internal URL.

but that I put on HA side or on Hubitat side?

On hubitat, in the part of Maker API POST I will put the docker server and the port that I will make it permanent. Do I need to configure anything else the port, on HA side?

On the HA side (in the integration options). The HA integration will update the POST address in Hubitat whenever HA is restarted, so manually setting the POST address in Hubitat won’t work.

1 Like

I have the hubitat integration complete using the Maker API and it works great.

My question is whether anyone has experience in getting lights through the hubitat Maker API to transition using Node Red or automations. I tried with a few switches without luck.

Perhaps this can be added?

Do you mean that light transitions aren’t working through lights managed through the integration?

Correct. There is no log in HE that would indicate any sort of transition command has been received from HA.

Anyone else having issues with fan speed presets after 2021.7? I filed an issue on github but I’m trying to figure out how to better debug.

My fans report back a full list of speed presets from the Hubitat Maker API but in Home Assistant I just have “Auto” and “On” to choose from. The result is Google Assistant can only turn them on and off now, no speed control at all.

After the last Hubitat Integratin Update a bunch of devices now say “last update time” @jason0x43
Why this happened?

Hey folks, great to see so many “HE ex-pats” on here! :slight_smile:

I’m also moving to a point where HE is only used for Zigbee and LightwaveRF (I only have gen 1 kit, although that will be going very soon!), however I’m struggling with a GledOpto RGBW Zigbee Controller.

It works perfectly well in HE and is exported via the Maker API, however I can only turn it on or off in HA. Do I need to do anything special to get it to show up as an RGBW device so I can change the colours?

Could you post the device capabilities for the device here?

Any chance of supporting statistics for the new energy monitor?

2 Likes

I’ve moved to a new location and most of my hubitat devices are not longer valid. I was having trouble removing them, so I uninstalled the hubitat integration. I have the /custom_components/hubitat directory created, but on the second step where you configure the component, nothing happens. I go into HACS and select Hubitat, but it immediately closes.

Any ideas?

Ignore this, for some reason the device is now showing up as an RGB light and I can change the colour…

Only error I see is this one:

2021-08-21 15:15:11 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error occurred loading configuration flow for integration hubitat: cannot import name ‘Protocol’ from ‘typing’ (/usr/lib/python3.7/typing.py)

I’ve verified the directory and file exist.

Folks, has anyone successfully paired locks (like a Yale Assure lock) on Zwave via a hubitat and imported it into HA using this integration? Does it still work with things like keymaster?

I’m grown very frustrated with zwavemqtt terrible reporting on network routing and lack of controls, and hubitat seems much better, and since I own a hubitat C7, was thinking about using it instead. Most of what I use Zwave for is talking to Yale locks, so that’s the key functionality I need.

thx!

Would it be possible to add buttons to this integration? I have a virtual button in HE that I want to be able to push using an automation in HA.

Ack, didn’t see this. The issue is that Protocol doesn’t exist in Python 3.7; it was added in 3.8.

The integration supports buttons – see the README for more info.

What if I want to send a command to a virtual button in hubitat?