Custom Component: Hubitat

Must have been an issue with my cache, did a clear and all my integrations are now found.

I’m 12 days into HA 2021.6 laying waste to my Home Assistant installation. This Hubitat integration has been rock solid for well over a year until this core update.

Any advice on where to start with this? The log isn’t very helpful.

I’ve been on the fence about uninstalling/reinstalling the integration, but if that changes/forgets/resets all my device ids that would be worst case scenario

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 8.20.38 AM

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 8.20.05 AM

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 8.20.27 AM

1 Like

The log is the main place to look – if the integration isn’t loading, there will be some indication there as to why (or at least an error specifically saying the integration can’t be loaded). Make sure to enable debug logging for the integration if you haven’t already (although something that causes the integration to entirely fail to load shouldn’t need that).

Thanks for the reply, I couldn’t see the forest through the trees!

I went into HACS and your integration wasn’t listed (but it WAS in the main HA integration screen).

I let it reinstall and it appears to be up and working fully again… whew…

Folks, how are folks finding the C7 hub as a Zwave interface to HA? I am a homeseer refugee, and tried both the hubitat and HA, and going the HA route, but that does give me a path to use the C7 as a Zwave interface. Zigbee is already covered well with deconz running on a conbee II on a Raspberry Pi that I ahd set up for homeseer.

I only have a few zwave devices - I moved pretty much everything to zigbee in terms of outdoor lighting (I use Lutron inside). Just a couple valve controllers, a HS200 switch, and 5 Yale assure locks. I could swap those modules for zigbee, but figured I would try and make Zwave work first before paying for those zigbee modules.

I tried pairing one of the llocks and it didnt work out well, but to be fair homeseer had problems as well. I moved the Rpi around with the Zwave radio and using wifi and go close to the locks and paired them that way, but the hubitat doesn’t have wifi so I have to find a wired connection nearby to make that work.

I only use Z-Wave on my C7, but then again I only have door/window sensors paired. It feeds into HA without a problem, and is actually quite responsive.

Like you I moved most things over to Zigbee (using a Rasbee2 on a RPI4), again more door/window sensors and a couple of light switches.

Thanks. Will try this out. BTW, I found an odd problem where the C7 hub wont connect to a switch using gig ethernet over some of my CAT6 wires, but that work fine for PC’s and laptops etc… very odd! And makes it a pain to move around to be close to a door. It does work fine on most wires, but not these 2 for some reason.

Interesting I haven’t had that with the C7. However, I don’t think the cable there is CAT6, pretty sure it’s a CAT5 one. I have had a similar issue on my RPi, the cable worked fine on the RPi3 that was plugged in but as soon as I switched it out for the RPi4 it failed. Plugged the RPi3 back in again, fine, switch again and fail. I’ve changed the cable there now and it’s fine with either RPi.

Are you saying that it will not connect at all? Or just not at 1Gbps? All of the Hubitat hubs have always been limited to 100Mbps speeds.

Edit: Nevermind - I see that it is only a specific pair of Cat6 cables causing the grief…

Won’t connect at all to my Unifi US-48. I even tried configuring the port as 100 FDX and turning off auto-negotiation, but that didn’t fix it. Weird. Works fine on a different jack…

1 Like

I found mine to be slower than my old C4 hub…
I’ve switched back to ZWaveJS2MQTT add-on.
It’s waaaaayyyyy better than it was even a year ago.

I like keeping the hub in my drawer incase I want to burn all of my radio sticks and switch to a solution that doesn’t get hokey when I reboot my Mac (host hypervisor).
I will be reformatting my Mac to run HAOS natively soon though, so maybe that’ll fix that. Or not work at all… We’ll see…

I like it well enough. I updated from a C3 hub, and although switching everything to the new hub and rebuilding the mesh was a bit of a pain, it’s been working well.

Do any of you have experience exporting zwave locks from hubitat to HA? Does the code management carry over to HA as well, or just limited to the hubitat?

One advantage of a stick running zwavejsmqtt on an RPI is that the pi has wifi, which means if you use a battery pack for power you can walk around close to each lock and initialize that way. But I am not sure the stciks are as good as the radio in the C7 for zwave.

I use deconz on a pi already for the zigbee support which works really well. Pretty much every Zwave device that I could easily replace with zigbee I have, and it works so much better. But I do have a few like the locks I need to keep at least for now.

Not in my experience. I made virtual switches that I turned on and off when specific codes where entered. Missing that functionality in ZWaveJS right now…

Let me preface this by saying this integration is working spectacularly for me. My whole system is super responsive with HA handling automations and integrations and HE handling Zigbee and Z-wave.

I do however have one issue. HA does not seem to see all of the entities on some devices. One example is a SmartThings Button. HA is only seeing a temp entity and a battery entity. It does not see the button entity. However when I look at the Maker API of HE, I do see info about button capabilities listed:

[{"name":"Samsung Zigbee Button","label":"Disposal Button","type":"Samsung Zigbee Button","id":"705","date":"2021-06-24T13:23:38+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabilities":["Configuration","Actuator","Refresh","Battery","HoldableButton","TemperatureMeasurement","Sensor","PushableButton","DoubleTapableButton"],"attributes":{"numberOfButtons":"1","dataType":"NUMBER","values":null,"pushed":"1","held":"1","temperature":"77.08","battery":"69","doubleTapped":"1"},"commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"doubleTap"},{"command":"doubleTap"},{"command":"hold"},{"command":"hold"},{"command":"push"},{"command":"push"},{"command":"refresh"}]}

In HA, I only see the following entities:
sensor.disposal_button_temperature
sensor.disposal_button_battery
sensor.disposal_button_last_update_time (hidden)

I have reloaded the integration. Is there some other troubleshooting step or a manual way to add the button entities?

Thanks,
Dan

Button controllers are event emitters, and they work a bit differently than other devices. You won’t see entities for buttons; instead, you can use the button controller as a Device trigger (or manually watch for button press hubitat_event events).

Could the new entity.select be used to communicate modes between HA and Hubitat?

I’ve been working (slowly) on HSM and mode support, and those new selectors do seem like a good fit. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hey Jason, do you have an ETA on the mode support? I’m working on what my new architecture is going to be and it’d make the transition of rules from HE to HA easier in my mind if modes were there in HA

Hopefully this week.