Custom Component: Hubitat

Hi,
I’m having trouble with an rgbw light. When I use the HA light.turn_on service, the light doesn’t actually turn on.

Here’s what I see in the HA log.

2022-05-11 22:27:29 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.hubitat.light] Turning on Kids Room LED Strip with {'brightness': 51, 'hs_color': (300.0, 100.0)}
2022-05-11 22:27:29 DEBUG (MainThread) [hubitatmaker.hub] Sending command setColor({"hue": 83, "saturation": 100.0, "level": 20}) to 301

Here’s the snippet from my automation:

- service: light.turn_on
  target:
    entity_id: light.kids_room_led_strip
  data:
    color_name: purple
    brightness_pct: 20

In Hubitat, here’s the events for this light. I don’t see the switch “on” event being triggered.

Am I doing something wrong in my automation?

Thank you

I’ve been using the HE to HA integration for a while now but I’d love to expose the HSM keyboard from HE and have it appear in HA as a Lovelace keypad card. Is that possible?

I have added the Hubitat HACS integration and restarted HA but I cannot find Hubitat in the add integrations in HA. Im fairly new to HA.
Are there any special setting in the Maker API I have to fill in or just give it a name and press done?

All good, left it overnight and now the integration appears in HA

1 Like

is there any way to get a smartthings multisensor to pass its threeaxis position into HA with this?
Screenshot 2022-06-20 140428

I cant seem get it into HA any other way, ZHA will not see the three axis values and this CC seems to not pass them by default.

you need to change a setting in the device screen of hubitat to get them to show up there

let me know if you’d rather i create an issue in github for this

There isn’t currently a way to display the threeAxis value; go ahead and create an issue for it. The data is there as a device attribute in HA, the integration just needs to be able to create a sensor entity for it.

Cool, I’ve created issue #174

Smartthings Multi-sensor Three axis values missing · Issue #174 · jason0x43/hacs-hubitat (github.com)

Let me know if you need me to test anything for you i can set up a new tasker to point to my test instance if you need me to.

great work with this by the way, it totally saved my butt when my sonoff hub decided to “sodoff” and leave me with a completely non functioning house 2 days before I went away for a month with work.
within a day i had repaired all my zigbee stuff back in to hubitat and was up and running again without SWMBO ever having to touch a light switch :wink:

Does this integration take into account the “Room” text that is entered into Hubitat (and now comes out of the maker app)?

Is it possible to use this integration app to:

• bridge all devices from a Hubitat hub into Home Assistant, so that I can use the builtin Lovelace dashboard capability?
  • how’s the response time if someone “turns on a switch” in the lovelace dashboard for a switch that’s really in Hubitat?

The integration does not consider the room text; I wasn’t aware that was now included in Maker API responses. Good to know!

The integration does allow you to bridge (almost) all devices from Hubitat into Home Assistant, making them available for the Lovelace dashboard.

The response time is, in my experience, very good – HA adds no perceptible delay to actions. Of course it depends on the performance of your network and the system running HA.

2 Likes

Has anyone upgraded to 2022.07.0 yet? It includes Python 3.10 which is a breaking change for a fair number of integrations and custom components. I depend heavily on the Hubitat integration, so I think I’m going to wait until either the author or someone else can confirm that it will work.

I updated last night and haven’t noticed any issues.

1 Like

Same for me, no issues

I love the Hubitat integration but I am struggling with the depreciation of the fan speed service calls. Unfortunately, with the switch to using percentages instead of the typical high/medium/low i can not adjust the fan speed for all the GE zwave fan switches I have in Hubitat. Oddly enough it has created an additional light entity that has brightness which will adjust the fan speed but won’t let me turn it off and on reliably. Is this something that needs to be corrected in the integration or do I need to fix it myself in the fan template? Thanks for the great integration!

The integration needs to be updated to support the set_percentage service. An issue has been open for a while. I’ll try to get an update out this weekend.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

I have an update mostly done, but I’m still testing it. I should have a beta out in the next day or two.

1 Like

@jason0x43 thanks for the integration! I’m relatively new to HA, so still learning. I notice you expose the current HSM state, but it isn’t exposed as an alarm_control_panel entity. Is that something you’ve considered? I’m actually using HA as a bridge between HA and Homekit as it’s more stable than Homebridge. Homebridge allowed me to set the HSM state from Homekit and I am hoping to do the same. Thanks!

Please give v0.8.1b1 a try.

It should be possible to expose HSM state as an alarm control panel. In the short term, you could create a template alarm_control_panel using the HSM status sensor (sensor.hub_hsm_status) and the set_hsm hub service.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I installed it an am able to change the speed of the fan. The only weird thing is that it uses increments of 20 rather then what’s set in Hubitat which uses increments of 33. I wonder if that’s a compromise you had to make in order to have a 5 way fan work. Thanks again!