Custom Component: Hubitat

This morning I noticed that my devices were updating in Home Assistant each time I update them in Hubitat but automations were not triggering.

In other words - Light device (Hubitat) turns on or off and Light device (Home Assistant) turns on or off. However any automations setup in Home Assistant that trigged based on Light device (Home Assistant) turning on and off were not working.

So I went through one of the automations and deleted the Light device (Home Assistant) trigger and then added it back in and it now works.

I am running the latest of everything and show no updates pending.

This does not appear to be happening to all automations - only some of them. But so far I cannot see anything different with this particular set of rules. Simple device triggers. Just posting here to see if anything has noticed anything similar?

I’ve deleted my original post. My fault - I’m new to Home Assistant and hadn’t thought to check if there was a HACS update when I updated the Core. Sorted now.

After the latest update (2024.07) I’ve noticed that events aren’t getting to Home Assistant consistently. Specifically, I have an automation that sets lights to 23% and then waits for motion to start dimming them up. The set level command works but then the motion event isn’t seen by Home Assistant. Checking in the HA log book there are no events for today but several for yesterday. Checking in Hubitat the motion events are there as expected.

Any help is appreciated.

Try enabling debug logging for the integration, then look at the home-assistant.log file after you notice issues and see if any errors are being reported by the integration.

Also…

1. Are all the devices coming from Hubitat not working, or just some?
  2. Are all devices of a certain type (e.g., motion sensors) not working, or are some of them working and some of them not?

I am going to turn on debug logging but after spot checking a bunch of device coming over from Hubitat the logbook events appear to be populating. I’ll try and report back in a couple days.