Custom Component: Hubitat

People: “Traffic is rediculous on HWY1”
Government: “Close HWY1, problem solved.”

2 Likes

Thank you for this component. I just have a few questions before I start using it.

Do energy monitoring plugs and garage door openers show up properly in HA? I have two zwave garage door openers and about a dozen zigbee and zwave energy monitoring outlets currently that I’d like to be able to monitor in real time through HA. They are currently in HA through the Smartthings integration but I’m moving away from ST due to the cloud being too slow and unreliable. Thanks to some very helpful people here I’ve decided to go the Hubitat route and I’m hoping this component will help me accomplish a more reliable zigbee/zwave network.

Energy monitoring outlets are supported; sensors will be created for for power (watts) and voltage for devices that support those.

Garage door openers (“covers” in Home Assistant) are next on the list.

2 Likes

Check the Home Assistant log for errors related to “hubitatmaker” or “custom_components.hubitat” (or just “hubitat”).

Reinstalling the integration is a reasonable first step. HACS seems to flake out sometimes during updates and not copy everything it’s supposed to.

1 Like

You just made my day! Thank you for all the work you put into this :pray: Now I just have to spend some time moving all my devices over to Hubitat and get this component set up.

I have one more question. How do I buy you a beer?

2 Likes

I had to completely delete everything and reinstall. But works now!

Great! It looks like the HACS devs are working to make the download process more robust, so hopefully this will get more reliable over time.

Hmm…I hadn’t really thought of that. For now, just drink one for me (and I’ll also drink one for me :grin:).

Haha will do :joy:

Version 0.4.7

This release adds support for some new device types:

• Presence sensors
  • “Cover” devices (garage doors and window shades)

It also includes a workaround for button controllers that don’t advertise how many buttons they have.

1 Like

Version 0.4.8

I’m on a roll!

This release adds initial support for locks. It’s “initial” because I don’t own any locks, any my only testing has been against a Hubitat virtual lock. :grin:

Lock entities support the basic lock and unlock functions.

User code management is handled through 4 new services:

• clear_code – delete the user code at a given position
  • get_code – get the user code at a specific position
  • set_code – set the code at a specific position to a given value, and with an optional name
  • set_code_length – set the allowable length of user codes

You can try out the services in the Developer Tools page in Home Assistant.

4 Likes

Woohoo! I’ll test this out. Maybe wake the kids up. :wink:

Ok so the lock worked with one caveat. A familiar one.
I too had to uninstall the HACS integration, then re-install it.
Status and Command working.
100% satisfied now.

Tanks for all the hard work!

Locks working great! I also had to completely install the HACS component. All good though.

Two small things

1. The get code service doesn’t seem to work. I am using “position: 1” but it’s not returning anything.
  2. Would it be possible to return the code used? This may require that LCM be running on HE but my MakerAPI shows this:
{"device_id":"194","label":"Front Door","name":"lastCodeName","value":"Main Code","date":"2020-02-22T23:24:01+0000","unit":null,"isStateChange":null,"source":"DEVICE"},

Which is great for automations so you know which code was used and it also helps differentiate a code entry vs an unlock from the inside or via z-wave.

I’m loving this so far though!

You can just reinstall without uninstalling.

That didn’t work for me, I was previously on 0.44

The get code service currently just logs the code to the console; see if a message shows up there. Not that useful, I know; I based that behavior on Home Assistant’s own z-wave lock, which was the only other one I saw that dealt with user codes, and it just appeared to log the code. I’ll see about outputting something more useful.

I’ll update locks to emit an event when an unlock occurs with information about how the unlock happened.

What version of HACS are you using?

It broke for me.

One of the errors

Log Details (ERROR)

Sun Feb 23 2020 08:38:25 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)

Unable to prepare setup for platform hubitat.lock: Platform not found (cannot import name 'ATTR_CODE_LENGTH' from 'hubitatmaker' (/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/hubitatmaker/__init__.py)).

I’ve just installed and setup HACs. But I already had your fantastic Hubitat Integration installed. Should I remove it before I install it through HACs?