Custom component installed using HACS not loaded by default anymore

Hey community :wave:

I use custom dashboard cards I installed through HACS. I can use these components in regular Home Assistant dashboards without any problem.

I use these custom cards also in a custom panel which I develop myself. When I navigate directly to my custom panel by URL (e.g., in a new browser window), the custom card components are not showing up in my panel. When I then navigate to a regular dashboard which uses these cards, and go back to my custom panel, the cards show up.

Digging into this revealed that Home Assistant seems to not automatically load all custom components “by default” anymore. Instead, it loads them “on demand”. I really prefer this approach. However, I don’t know how I can request Home Assistant to load the components in question from my own custom panel.

Does anybody have an idea or did I miss some central piece of documentation I was not able to find?

Thanks,
Manuel

It’s always been like this. I think you’ve somehow been lucky to miss it. A while back there was a custom loader card that would load unused elements so you could take advantage of the hui elements.

I’m not sure how to solve your problem either, just providing info on the frontend.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply @petro :pray: I will dig a bit into Home Assistants code base then… Maybe I can surface some way to replicate loading 3rd party components from within … 3rd party components :wink: